Formula 1 PC Games

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
gooner159
gooner159

Formula 1 PC Games

Where can I get free Formula 1 PC GAmes?

I would like management games like GPM2 and Grand Prix Manager. But simlation games is good too. Can anyone please provide me the link?

Gaara
Gaara

Re: Formula 1 PC Games

Free F1 Games? i don't think so . this forum do not allow illegal content , you can find many F1 games on torrent. search for it in Google .

gooner159
gooner159

But what type of games are there? Can list them?

thegreat1
thegreat1

You can download GrandPriz manager 2 free from http://www.gpm2world.com They have 1991,1997,2004,2005,2006,2007 & 2008 mods for this game.

mike
mike

rich1701
rich1701

It's not free but Rfactor is amazing value for money considering there are at least 15 seasons of cars and tracks available with people adding new content all the time.

Carmack

I'm a big fan of F1 Challenge 99'-02'. I agree that it's an old game but there are so many mods that transform the game into a "modern time" game :)
I'm currently using the F1 Mania 2010 mod, but like the 2009 mod i'm having problims with sound on my laptop...
Quite a good game, I tried rFactor also, but I dont like the the driverability of the cars (BMW Sauber 07 if my memory is correct), I don't know it's kind of strange, maybe because i have spent so much time playing F1C...

Italiano
Italiano

rFactor definately.FSOne 2008 & 2009 mods, CTDP 2006 ( best mod ever ).

F1C and F1 99-02 are arcade games. rFactor with the proper mods is the next best thing to GT or SIMBIN titles for simulation...
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Goran2812
Goran2812

can't play those new mods,cuz i don't have a wheel, TC is killing me softly :D but the games look amazing...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Midnight-34
Midnight-34

F1 2010 will launch in 27/9 for Pc, Xbox360 and PS3
It's made by the same team of Grid and DIRT 2 so it will be quite arcade for the mass consumer even if they promised a good simulation

roost89
roost89

Midnight-34 wrote:F1 2010 will launch in 27/9 for Pc, Xbox360 and PS3
It's made by the same team of Grid and DIRT 2 so it will be quite arcade for the mass consumer even if they promised a good simulation
A counter-argument to "it will be quite arcade"

This from the developers:
"The preference has always been to go down the simulation path," said Stephen Hood, Chief Games Designer
"You can make a realistic sim easier to play for somebody but it’s very difficult to take an arcade handling system and make that appeal to people who prefer simulation handling."
Codemasters F1 2010 Dev Diary videos.
Number 4 is about the cars, how they're brought in game. They use information from the teams, photo reference and CAD to bring the cars to life. The sounds are also from the cars themselves.

They also have Anthony Davidson, ex-f1 driver (test and reserve driver for Brawn (does alot of simulation driving for Brawn too) and driver for Super Aguri) to help nail the feeling of driving the f1 cars. Also add some information about how cars handle in certain corners (he references all cars understeer in turn 8 at Istanbul).

The weather is looking rather nice too, the look is very good. It's dynamic weather so the track changes with every passing of the cars and its effect on the car is "very accurate" according to Anthony Davidson. In the sun there's also a heat-haze (that I've yet to see in a car game).

In Dev Diary 2, one of the developer states: "We're tailoring the car handling to a very different market to that of Dirt 2 and Grid"

One also says: "I think it's very important not to bluntly experience driving an F1 car but when you start applying the driving aids to kind of accessible without losing the fun parts"

Best edit this:

I'm somewhat aware this post may appear to be 'attacking' Midnight-34. It isn't intended to come across that way.
Last edited by roost89 on 28 Jul 2010, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

cba_
cba_

roost89 wrote:
Midnight-34 wrote:F1 2010 will launch in 27/9 for Pc, Xbox360 and PS3
A counter-argument to "it will be quite arcade"

This from the developers:
"The preference has always been to go down the simulation path," said Stephen Hood, Chief Games Designer
"You can make a realistic sim easier to play for somebody but it’s very difficult to take an arcade handling system and make that appeal to people who prefer simulation handling."
Codemasters F1 2010 Dev Diary videos.
Number 4 is about the cars, how they're brought in game. They use information from the teams, photo reference and CAD to bring the cars to life. The sounds are also from the cars themselves.

They also have Anthony Davidson, ex-f1 driver (test and reserve driver for Brawn (does alot of simulation driving for Brawn too) and driver for Super Aguri) to help nail the feeling of driving the f1 cars. Also add some information about how cars handle in certain corners (he references all cars understeer in turn 8 at Istanbul).

The weather is looking rather nice too, the look is very good. It's dynamic weather so the track changes with every passing of the cars and its effect on the car is "very accurate" according to Anthony Davidson. In the sun there's also a heat-haze (that I've yet to see in a car game).

In Dev Diary 2, one of the developer states: "We're tailoring the car handling to a very different market to that of Dirt 2 and Grid"

One also says: "I think it's very important not to bluntly experience driving an F1 car but when you start applying the driving aids to kind of accessible without losing the fun parts"
Oh look, someone is new. Stop believing everything they say. If i am telling you that my ... i just took is made out of gold, would you want to buy it for $60?

Oh wow censoring ... now
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 28 Jul 2010, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unecessary foul words.

Goran2812
Goran2812

no need to be so harsh... we'll just have to wait and see!
the bigest problem i have with them is the freakin system riquerments! -.-
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Giblet
Giblet

SchumacherM wrote:rFactor definately.FSOne 2008 & 2009 mods, CTDP 2006 ( best mod ever ).

F1C and F1 99-02 are arcade games. rFactor with the proper mods is the next best thing to GT or SIMBIN titles for simulation...
iRacing makes everything else out right now seem like a toy.

When the 2009 Williams is complete we'll have the first truly accurate modeled F1 car with real world data and team cooperation.

Pole Postion 2010 is a good team simulation. I would recommend it if you like that kind of game.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Italiano
Italiano

iRacing is too expensive and has a dumb system of progression.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules