Formula 1 PC Games

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Giblet
Giblet

Re: Formula 1 PC Games

Expensive is a matter of scale. $70 for the whole year on black Friday sale is peanuts for anyone employed. You might not like the progression system but it keeps banzai passers out of the faster cars until they can handle them and learn how to actually race.

Buying new series funds proper car modeling unlike other sims and the higher price keeps out children and idiots for the most part.

You can progress levels with a handful of clean raced. You state your opinion like fact, but that's ok
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Sawtooth-spike

Giblet wrote:
Pole Postion 2010 is a good team simulation. I would recommend it if you like that kind of game.

Not that i have bought the game yet. But Every single review i have read has said this game is garbage. Not that i believe reviews. I just want to feel like i have just been robbed like i do when i buy most EA games.

Anybody else got a good word to say about it before i go shopping?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Italiano
Italiano

Giblet wrote:Expensive is a matter of scale. $70 for the whole year on black Friday sale is peanuts for anyone employed. You might not like the progression system but it keeps banzai passers out of the faster cars until they can handle them and learn how to actually race.

Buying new series funds proper car modeling unlike other sims and the higher price keeps out children and idiots for the most part.

You can progress levels with a handful of clean raced. You state your opinion like fact, but that's ok
And AFAIK it doesn't have a single player ''just fool about'' mode like rF or F1C.

Oh, and 70$ unfortunately is expensive..for me. =( :D
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Giblet
Giblet

Use google. Pole position 2010 is not ea and not a racing game. It is a team sim. U don't drive in it.

In I irking you can test any car/track combo you own :)
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Sawtooth-spike

Giblet, I was aware of that. I have goggled it and all the reviews said it was useless so i was just wondered if anybody had anything good to say about it.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Giblet
Giblet

I figured since you thought it was an ea game you had the wrong game in mind. Pp2010 is not ea.

mep

I just read that there will be new WRC rally game released this autum.
What do you think about it?
I am looking forward to test it I don't like Dirt and Dirt2.
The steering is a pain and not adjustable.

alexcharles

Would anyone please tell me which is the latest version of F1 racing game ?

Moose
Moose

alexcharles wrote:Would anyone please tell me which is the latest version of F1 racing game ?
F1 2014. 2015 will be released in June.

2015 will be the first in the series to drop support for PS3/XBox 360, and in doing so will have substantially more CPU to spend on physics simulation (at least, that's the claim).

TzeiTzei
TzeiTzei

I have no faith that it's going to be any better.

mertol

Iracing will create the mp4-30 car late this summer if you count this for an F1 game:
http://www.iracing.com/iracingnews/irac ... nda-mp4-30

And I'm absolutely sure that codemasters' physics will suck ass again.

Miguel
Miguel

Moose wrote:
alexcharles wrote:Would anyone please tell me which is the latest version of F1 racing game ?
F1 2014. 2015 will be released in June.

2015 will be the first in the series to drop support for PS3/XBox 360, and in doing so will have substantially more CPU to spend on physics simulation (at least, that's the claim).
F1T's interpretation of "more CPU to spend on physics simulation": more accurate, dynamic tyre modelling, with wear and thermal degradation. Different suspension dynamics depending on the car. Aero effects such as yaw-dependent downforce modelled, plus primitive turbulence wake.

Codemasters' interpretation of "more CPU to spend on physics simulation": More particles to simulate fog. More particles to simulate sparks due to Ti skidblocks. More partilces to simulate rain. More partilces to show broken pieces on crashes. Now light refracton on rain uses a third order approximation to schnell's law, instead of a mere linear approach.

In other words: I'm not convinced that the CPU of a PS3 is the reason why the physics of F1 games suck. Mind you, I'm sure it'd be the bottleneck if you wanted to do something really serious.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

SectorOne

The physics of the game sucks because simracing is a niche market. Let alone trying to make a sim for a console when 99% of the players will drive with a controller just makes no sense.

I´d like to see at least Polyphony Digital get their hands on the F1 brand. Then we´ll get something simcade-ish but i´d love to see Assetto Corsa make a full blown F1 sim.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

MadMatt
MadMatt

The thing is amongst people who dont have time to play with car setup for hours (proper car sim) people want either something easy and fun (arcade games such as needforspeed) or "realistic" (forza or gt).

Its difficult to meet both criteria in a single game but i think gran turismo is doing it quite well, dirt3 too.

RicME85

Psygnosis did it with F1'97.
They had simulation mode and arcade mode.

;)