LSF1 my 2009 Formula 1 car - allstaruk08

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
allstaruk08

LSF1 my 2009 Formula 1 car - allstaruk08

hello people i saw the red bull with that shark fin all the way to the rear wing so i thought i would upload a drawing i did one night when i was very bored i know its probably not to all the regs and all that and i didnt think that you could attach the shark fin to the wing so i left a gap it was just a quick drawing hope you like and please let not have any super serious commentsImage
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 24 Mar 2011, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added year and username to title.

ISLAMATRON

Re: LSF1 my formula 1 car

looks like the BGP001... are you Russ Brawn? Dont you know McLaren will steal your designs ?

allstaruk08

lol i drew about 3 month ago so i didnt copy and ones cars apart from mclarens rear wing lol

ISLAMATRON

did you draw it as an exorcise in aesthetics, or is there an aerodynamic philosophy behind it?

Looks good, keep up the good work & share with us more often please.

allstaruk08

i usually draw portraits and stuff like that then started thinking about the 09 season so roughly read the new regs then started drawing lol going to do a top front and rear view so will put them up when i do them

Callum

I think it needs some go faster stripes :D

allstaruk08

haha i'll put some on when i do the top view

Callum

good thinking!

lkocev

Your pretty handy with a pencil mate, good work, looks great... =D>

Are you sure you didn't actually design the MP4-24 here? :shock: I mean, not just the rear wing, but the airbox, sidepod inlets and the exhaust opening look strikingly similar too... :lol:

freedom_honda

hahahaha they do look exactly the same.
are you sure you didn't invite Mike Coughlan over to your place a couple months ago? :lol:

xpensive

This great forum has now evolved to the next technical level.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

allstaruk08

lol i was looking at a picture of the mp4/23 when i drew it i got the dimentions from that like the overall lenth, the height, where the cockpit is size of wheels i kinda took a similar shape under the airbox intake from mp4/23 and with the exhausts i knew that you couldnt use the add on aero bits so thought the exhausts could be used in some way to add abit of downforce with their shape. iv done the front drawing taking the basic dimension from the f60 since i couldn't find a pic of the mclaren dead on the front i'll put it up in abit

allstaruk08

this was done last nite kinda stole part of the front wing from the f60 lol

imightbewrong

not a great start to your f1 designing career, you managed to draw the slowest car on the grid :wink:

Great drawing.

Carlos

He's right. Great drawing for sure allstaruk08. Giorgio Piola may have to start watching his back. You could be one of the next generation of automotive illustrators. With that level of freehand skill; I can't imagine what you could do with a vector grahics program like Inkscape.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inkscape

Might be worth checking out allstaruk80 - it's freeware. Your drawings remind me of that English racecar illustrator, think his name was Roger Taylor. Did a lot of 3 view perspective studies in the 60's and 70's for model car magazines. Somebody will have a link for you I think.

This site will be sure to be of interest
http://www.artsdirectories.com/auto.htm

Inkscape is a vector program. You might want to check out some freeware raster graphics programs here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... cs_editors

Gimp and CinePaint are the killer-apps.
Last edited by Carlos on 14 Mar 2009, 20:08, edited 2 times in total.