Australian GP 2009 ( finally! )

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
GianlucaZ19
GianlucaZ19

Re: Aussie GP 2009--finally!

myurr
myurr

GianlucaZ19 wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74008

Toyota disqualified :o
Holy moly. Didn't see that one coming. Guess they could be disqualified after the race as well if they're not able to strengthen the rear wings in time.

Possibly means Hamilton will want to start on track rather than from the pits. With the chances for a first corner pile-up, could have been a smart move for him to start from the pits to make certain he's not involved. Be interesting if the Toyotas now adopt that position.

kilcoo316
kilcoo316

Re: Will new diffusers be installed before quali?

dp35 wrote:Will some teams quickly build up new "double decker" diffusers, right in the pit garages? If so, make your predictions about who will do it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wise up dude!!!

They are gonna totally wipe their whole set-up, and even worse, their aero-map and cobble together a couple of parts that would probably fall apart?

Yeah... and they are gonna stick a towbar on the back and tow a caravan when they are at it!!!

shir0

GianlucaZ19 wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74008

Toyota disqualified :o

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:56 am
hmmm.... deja vu ...? :lol:

timbo wrote:Wow!
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74008

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:51 am
must be due to a glitch in "THE Matrix"... what with the jumbled pecking order in the grid and all... :mrgreen:
"Fortunately I've got a bag with dry ice in [my suit], which I put next to my balls, so at least they stay nice and cool!"- Sebastian Vettel, 2009 Malaysian GP Friday Practice.

andartop
andartop

Interpreting regulations cunningly is one thing. This sounds like plain cheating.. More proof for the conspiracy theorists that in F1 everybody cheats more or less if they 're able to..
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

shir0

andartop wrote:Interpreting regulations cunningly is one thing. This sounds like plain cheating.. More proof for the conspiracy theorists that in F1 everybody cheats more or less if they 're able to..
yeah... Point your fingers to the Japanese teams. Wait...if that is the case, where does Williams fit in? :-k
"Fortunately I've got a bag with dry ice in [my suit], which I put next to my balls, so at least they stay nice and cool!"- Sebastian Vettel, 2009 Malaysian GP Friday Practice.

meves
meves

Does anyone know why Williams are protsting agaisnt Ferrari and Red Bull? If it carries on like this the back of the grids going to be full of some fast cars which will make a great race, although we may as well have dispensed with qualifying.

freedom_honda

When are we going to know the weight of the cars?

hulmerist

Pos. Driver Car weight
1. Jenson Button 664.5kg
2. Rubens Barrichello 666.5kg
3. Sebastien Vettel 657kg
4. Robert Kubica 650kg
5. Nico Rosberg 657kg
6. Felipe Massa 654kg
7. Kimi Raikkonen 655.5kg
8. Mark Webber 662kg
9. Nick Heidfeld 691.5kg
10. Fernando Alonso 680.7kg
11. Kazuki Nakajima 680.5kg *
12. Heikki Kovalainen 690.6kg
13. Sebastien Buemi 675.5kg
14. Nelson Piquet 694.1kg
15. Giancarlo Fisichella 689kg
16. Adrian Sutil 684.5kg
17. Sebastien Bourdais 662.5kg
18. Lewis Hamilton 655kg
19. Jarno Trulli 660kg
20. Timo Glock 670kg^

* Weight yet to be confirmed by FIA

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

meves wrote:Does anyone know why Williams are protsting agaisnt Ferrari and Red Bull? If it carries on like this the back of the grids going to be full of some fast cars which will make a great race, although we may as well have dispensed with qualifying.
Aero protest according to Autosport
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

roost89
roost89

It's must be quite worrying for Lewis, that his car was so much lighter than others around him (before being demoted 5 places) also that Heikki was so much heavier and faster.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

freedom_honda

It is interesting that out of the Top 10 (before Toyota got kicked to the back of the grid) Brawn has the heaviest car. Reliability will be their biggest enemy during the race i reckon.

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

freedom_honda wrote:It is interesting that out of the Top 10 (before Toyota got kicked to the back of the grid) Brawn has the heaviest car. Reliability will be their biggest enemy during the race i reckon.
Reliability and team disapline/organisation at pit stops too! As we've seen, the big teams like Ferrari can have pit stop nightmares under pressure!
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

roost89
roost89

I've had another thought, with Toyota at the back and having one of the faster cars out there, could we see a Toyota charge through the pack? Or will the KERS equipped people hold them back with a late boost down the straight?
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

meves
meves

roost89 wrote:It's must be quite worrying for Lewis, that his car was so much lighter than others around him (before being demoted 5 places) also that Heikki was so much heavier and faster.

Why? They were all on light fuel loads it's not until Q3 that they set the fuel level (see below). They've just light fueled the car to try and get him through the pack a bit which should be interesting....
Fuel may not be added to nor removed from any car eligible to take part in Q3 between the start of Q3 and the start of the race, unless any eligible car was unable to take part in which case c) below will apply.