Grid Penalty Question

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
gcdugas

Grid Penalty Question

Suppose a driver qualifies in 5th and has a ten spot penalty hanging over his head, so he is demoted to 15th. Another driver qualifies 10th and has a 5 spot penalty hanging over his head... and he gets 15th? Who goes where?
Last edited by gcdugas on 05 Apr 2009, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
Innovation over refinement is the prefered path to performance. -- Get rid of the dopey regs in F1

Paul

Re: GRid Penalty Question

The order will be the same, as the chronological order of incidents for which the penalties were given. For example, if Vettel and Barrichello qualified 1st and 6th, Vettel would have started from 11th, because he was penalised for Australian incident.

Checked the rules, actually it seems to be the opposite. :oops:
Once the grid has been established in accordance with a) and b) above, grid position penalties will be applied to the drivers in question in the order the offences were committed. If more than one driver incurs a penalty under Article 28.4a) or Article 28.6a) preference will be given to the driver whose team first informed the technical delegate that an engine or gearbox change will be carried out.

Hail22

Re: Welcome

Houstonfef wrote:l]

DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK IT HAS BEEN BLOCKED BY OUR CITRIX SERVER AT WORK!

This is a malicious webhost.
Last edited by Hail22 on 16 Feb 2014, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Gridlock

Re: Grid Penalty Question

Maybe remove the link from your quote then? ;)