Next step:

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Next for FOTA

Poll ended at 23 May 2009, 20:01

Withdraw at the close of 2009.
13%
Withdraw immediately.
No votes
Protest to the ICA and civil courts.
13%
Announce new series, with TBD regs and tracks.
38%
I think a compromise will be struck and the endless downward spiral will continue.
38%

Total votes: 8

Conceptual
Conceptual

Next step:

If the FIA shines on the other teams that threaten to withdraw, what will the next step be?

I will edit and add choices as they are suggested.
Last edited by Conceptual on 13 May 2009, 23:05, edited 2 times in total.

donskar
donskar

Re: Next step:

Conceptual wrote:If the FIA shines on the other teams that threaten to withdraw, what will the next step be?
Sorry, I may be missing something? "Shines"? What does that mean? "Shites"?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Conceptual
Conceptual

donskar wrote:
Conceptual wrote:If the FIA shines on the other teams that threaten to withdraw, what will the next step be?
Sorry, I may be missing something? "Shines"? What does that mean? "Shites"?

Shines them on. IE: Just smiles and waves goodbye.

What will that do to the psyche of the teams and their 2009 campaign if they know 2010 isn't going to happen? And what will be their immediate reaction?

xpensive
xpensive

Sorry, I understand zip of this topic and poll.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Conceptual
Conceptual

xpensive wrote:Sorry, I understand zip of this subject and poll.
Not surprising, just move along if you don't have a contribution.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

FOTA will announce they will all leave F1 at close of trade 2009.

They will announce regs, simmilar to what we currently have, but with alot of little subtle and not so subtle diffrences.

They will announce that their champonship next year will be over 16 rounds, bringing in some old favrouites track-wise back to the calender, like Imola, and a few new tracks to the calender as well, like Portamáo.

But, i feel that all this will lead to F1 2010 being all the current teams, as its just brinksmanship, as i feel that FOTA will get their way and get a bigger slice of deciding their future, as i feel that they are in the process of trying to cut the middleman (Bernie) and also stop the incoherent meddeling in the rules from the other middleman (Max), keeping the FIA to a minimum, like in other series that the FIA are responsible for, keeping them seen, but not heard.

Conceptual
Conceptual

ESPImperium wrote:FOTA will announce they will all leave F1 at close of trade 2009.

They will announce regs, simmilar to what we currently have, but with alot of little subtle and not so subtle diffrences.

They will announce that their champonship next year will be over 16 rounds, bringing in some old favrouites track-wise back to the calender, like Imola, and a few new tracks to the calender as well, like Portamáo.

But, i feel that all this will lead to F1 2010 being all the current teams, as its just brinksmanship, as i feel that FOTA will get their way and get a bigger slice of deciding their future, as i feel that they are in the process of trying to cut the middleman (Bernie) and also stop the incoherent meddeling in the rules from the other middleman (Max), keeping the FIA to a minimum, like in other series that the FIA are responsible for, keeping them seen, but not heard.
Dude, you just described the original intent of the US Constitution! LMAO

donskar
donskar

Are you voting what you THINK they WILL do OR what you WISH they WOULD do?

I think a compromise will be struck and the endless downward spiral will continue.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Richard
Richard

Conceptual wrote:Dude, you just described the original intent of the US Constitution! LMAO
Do you mean the system that has resulted in more lobbyists (middle men), single issue groups (middle men), pork barrel politics (middle men) and budget stalemates than any other system in the world? God help us!

Conceptual
Conceptual

richard_leeds wrote:
Conceptual wrote:Dude, you just described the original intent of the US Constitution! LMAO
Do you mean the system that has resulted in more lobbyists (middle men), single issue groups (middle men), pork barrel politics (middle men) and budget stalemates than any other system in the world? God help us!
Don't hate the document, hate the interpreters that gain from twisting it.