Silly season 2010

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PNSD

Silly season 2010

Well, we are approaching Monaco, round about the time drivers contracts and sponsors come under talk. What could 2010 hold for us?

We have had the constant rumour of Alonso to Ferrari even though both Scruderia drivers do have a contract. I believe Heikkis contract ends this year, as does Alonso's, Nico's and Barachellos.

My thought is, could we see Alonso, and possibly Santander to Brawn? We know Alonso, or Brawn tried to secure a contract previously, but now Brawn are winning will Alonso reconsider his offer? It is likley that Santander are wanting to go where he goes, and we do know Brawn are looking for title sponsorship. I think its very possible. On both terms, driver and sponsor the team will be looking for a long-term contract and I reckon Alonso would have to think twice before refusing ;-)!

axle

Re: Silly season 2010

Santander are going to Ferrari. So will Alonso.

Nico will move to McLaren and be replaced at Williams with Nico Hulkenburg.
- Axle

WhiteBlue

Asuming that the budget row will be resolved I expect Alonso at Ferrari. Heikki could be back to Renault. Nico Rosberg will call it a day at Williams and may go to McLaren. Brawn will probably get Senna on board instead of Barichello because it will be easier for them to exercise team orders. Nico Hülkenberg will replace Rosberg at Williams. Piquet may be dropped for Grossjean already this season. BMW will probably not change. Kimi will go rallying. One of the new team like USGPE may pick up Barichello because he is American and vastly experienced. Red Bull will continue their line up. Toro Rosso may get rid of Bourdais to push another youngster or change direction entirely if they get bought by Ferrari to make it to the 2010 grid. ProDrive and Lola will probably pick up young drivers from GP2 and F2. Toyota should stay with their line up and continue but may get rid of John Howett.

just my 2 cents
Edit :axle beat me :lol:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Scotracer

Teams in 2010:

Mclaren Mercedes
-Lewis Hamilton
-Paul di Resta/Adrian Sutil

BrawnGP
-Jenson Button
-Rubens Barrichello/Bruno Senna

Williams F1
-Nico Rosberg
-Adrian Sutil

BMW Sauber
-Nick Heidfeld
-Robert Kubica

Force India F1
-Giancarlo Fisichella
-Heikki Kovalainen/Paul di Resta

USGPE
-Danica Patrick
-Scott Speed

LOLA
-Heikki Kovalainen
-Romain Grosjean

Prodrive
-Nico Hulkenberg
-Anthony Davidson

iSport
-
-

Litespeed
-
-

Ferrari
-Kimi Raikkonen
-Felipe Massa

Renault
-Lucas di Grassi
-Fernando Alonso/Heikki Kovalainen

Red Bull
-Sebastian Vettel
-Mark Webber/Sebastian Buemi

Toro Rosso
-Sebastian Buemi
-Sebastian Bourdais

Toyota
-Jarno Trulli
-Timo Glock

Legend:
Confirmed
Assumed
Possibility
Team expected
Team against regs

Still quite a few empty seats

Edit: Added a few drivers
Last edited by Scotracer on 17 May 2009, 23:13, edited 2 times in total.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

axle

Don't agree with 90% of that.
Scotracer wrote:Teams in 2010:

Mclaren Mercedes
-Lewis Hamilton
-Paul di Resta

Toyota
-Jarno Trulli
-Timo Glock

Legend:
Confirmed
Assumed
Possibility
Team expected
Team against regs

Still quite a few empty seats
- Axle

Giblet

WhiteBlue wrote:Asuming that the budget row will be resolved I expect Alonso at Ferrari. Heikki could be back to Renault. Nico Rosberg will call it a day at Williams and may go to McLaren. Brawn will probably get Senna on board instead of Barichello because it will be easier for them to exercise team orders. Nico Hülkenberg will replace Rosberg at Williams. Piquet may be dropped for Grossjean already this season. BMW will probably not change. Kimi will go rallying. One of the new team like USGPE may pick up Barichello because he is American and vastly experienced. Red Bull will continue their line up. Toro Rosso may get rid of Bourdais to push another youngster or change direction entirely if they get bought by Ferrari to make it to the 2010 grid. ProDrive and Lola will probably pick up young drivers from GP2 and F2. Toyota should stay with their line up and continue but may get rid of John Howett.

just my 2 cents
Edit :axle beat me :lol:
Um, Brazilian? Or is he dual cit?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Agerasia

American means the continent not just the United States. He is from South America therefore he can be referred to as American.
"badically pressuring rosnerg " Ringo 05/10/2014

Giblet

I understand that, but the team is United States Grand Prix, not American Continent Grand Prix. There is not an advantage to taking a South American driver, just because the word American is in the word. Maybe they should hire a European driver, as they are both in the North Hemisphere. Calling a Brazilian American, and not South American, and not Brazilian, is being arbitrary, to say the least.

F1 is a very international, flag waving sport.

I'm also technically an American, although my citizenship and home country is Canada. If I wanted to start a Canada only team, I wouldn't assume that we want some US North Americans just as much as a Canadian North Americans.

The terms are technically similar, but it it is the same reason a Japanese team might not want to hire a Chinese driver beacuse he is "Asian".

Japanese is Asian.
Chinese is Asian.
Japanese is not Chinese.

You are getting geography confused with citizenship.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

modbaraban

Talking about rosters... are you sure the championship itself will take place? The thread name has double meaning :wink:

ESPImperium

Righty My go:

Brawn GP-Mercedes
Jenson Button
Rubens Barrichello

Red Bull-Renault
Sebastian Vettel
Sebastian Buemi

Toyota
Jarno Trulli
Timo Glock

McLaren-Mercedes
Lewis Hamilton
Adrian Sutil

Renault
Fernando Alonso
Heikki Kovalainen

BMW Sauber
Robert Kubica
Nick Heidfeld

Ferarri
Felipe Massa
Kimi Raikkonenn

Williams-Cosworth
Nico Rossberg
Nico Hulkenberg

STR-Ferarri
Nelshino Piquet
Filipe Albuquerque

Force India-Mercedes
Paul Di Resta
Vince-Antonio Lizuzzi

USGPE-Cosworth
Danica Patrick
Jonathan Summerton

iSport-Cosworth
Bruno Senna
Roman Grosjean

LOLA-Cosworth
Lucas Di Grasi
Roldán Rodríguez

Litespeed-Cosworth
Giedo van der Garde
Kamui Kobayashi

Prodrive-Cosworth - Could be corprately renamed Aston Martin
Gary Paffett
Antony Davidson

Confrimed
Assumed or posible

F1 2010 to go ahead, but with 5 teams entered under protest, hence why i have 30 cars on the grid, i expect the FIA to confirm that there will be a pre requisite to Quali entrace and that being something like the 107% rule brought in for 26 cars to race, but the 107% rule will be brought into force on Saturday FP3 for quali, elimination the 4 slowest for quali.

scarbs

I don't tend to get involved in driver discussions, but a lot of you have kept Kimi at Ferrari, I am sure he won't be there (or in F1) next year, expect Alonso to take his place.

Saribro

Doesn't he have a contract for 2010?

WhiteBlue

but reliable sources have him replaced by Alonso
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

allan

don't you guys find it funny that no one believes the official speaker but everyone believes the unknown trusted source?

Scotracer

scarbs wrote:I don't tend to get involved in driver discussions, but a lot of you have kept Kimi at Ferrari, I am sure he won't be there (or in F1) next year, expect Alonso to take his place.
I was just going on the contract he has until the end of 2010.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer