Styrofoam F1 Car Created by Micheal A. Salter

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Slife
Slife

Styrofoam F1 Car Created by Micheal A. Salter

An artist called Micheal A Salter used styrofoam and created an F1 car. Salter has many sculptures made from styrofoam, and you can visit his website to see more.

CarsonAu
CarsonAu

Re: Styrofoam F1 Car Created by Micheal A. Salter

LOL! look at those winglets at the back :D

Giblet
Giblet

It probably needs some ballast somewhere, and I suspect serious graining issues from the tires.

The curious thing is I went to high school with a Mike Salter, and since his older brother was named Andrew, and since families often name their first born after their grandfather and second born getting the same middle name, which could account for the "A."
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Conceptual
Conceptual

I have actually been working on something similar, but using cnc machined and injection moulded foam.

This thing is killer simply for finding and using pre-made pieces, and shaping them to make this car.

Imagine a purposefully built racer with an epoxy shell, and a polyurethane continuous coating.

That is what I am currently doing... :-P

FGD
FGD

Looks like the artist used a transformer toy as a model. What's up with the sidepods? Awful. I've seen better renditions made in chocoate.

fenix4life
fenix4life

I presume he just needs a girlfriend or a job :)

zac510
zac510

It looks like it's made from recycled old packaging , hence its slightly 'compromised' look, rather than styled to look exactly like an F1 car.
Giblet wrote: I suspect serious graining issues from the tires.
That was terrible :D
No good turn goes unpunished.

FGD
FGD

zac510 wrote:It looks like it's made from recycled old packaging , hence its slightly 'compromised' look, rather than styled to look exactly like an F1 car.
Giblet wrote: I suspect serious graining issues from the tires.
That was terrible :D
But can you imagine what a standing start might look like? Clouds of styrofoam powder floating into the atmosphere and trails of white skidmarks on the tarmac.

I still prefer the chocolate F1 cars. Yum. F1 never tasted so good.

Giblet
Giblet

fenix4life wrote:I presume he just needs a girlfriend or a job :)

Just saying artist out loud can get you laid, actually being one that produces means you need a stick to beat them away.

A good tradeoff for being constantly broke until you (possibly) become successful.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

FGD
FGD

Giblet wrote:
fenix4life wrote:I presume he just needs a girlfriend or a job :)

Just saying artist out loud can get you laid, actually being one that produces means you need a stick to beat them away.

A good tradeoff for being constantly broke until you (possibly) become successful.
I wish. :(

Giblet
Giblet

You're doing it wrong bud :)

FGD
FGD

Giblet wrote:You're doing it wrong bud :)
You don't know my pain.