PERFECT GRAND PRIX RECIPE - Track

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ESPImperium

PERFECT GRAND PRIX RECIPE - Track

Ive been thinking about what would be the most challenging track, or best track in the worls if you took the best corners in the world and combined them into a track, what would it sound like. Say taking Au Rouge and putting it in a track with the Maggots/Beckets complex and say Juncao in a track. What would be the most perfect driving challange for a modren F1 car and friver???

Shrek

Re: PERFECT GRAND PRIX RECIPE - Track

you ain't the only one. to add to this track a corkscrew like Laguna Seca's only more of a drop if can, a 30 deg or more banking, an off camber about 10 deg. corner, and a tunnel section, maybe even an upside down section because they can do it if they want to
Spencer

wesley123

Shrek wrote:you ain't the only one. to add to this track a corkscrew like Laguna Seca's only more of a drop if can, a 30 deg or more banking, an off camber about 10 deg. corner, and a tunnel section, maybe even an upside down section because they can do it if they want to
he says the most challenging track, not the track that destroys your car as fast as possible :p

I think the track needs a long straight, followed by a hairpin, for alot of overtaking. Lots of fast flowing turns and some turns off camber
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Jersey Tom

The question really should be, what kind of track makes for a good race.

Which is certainly not necessarily just throwing bits and pieces of other race tracks together without rhyme nor reason.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

ESPImperium

Jersey and Wesley have it, what is the most challenging for the driver, and also provides specticle for the spectator. Taking influence from other tracks to design the ultimate of Grand Prix tracks you can have.

Giblet

Shrek wrote:you ain't the only one. to add to this track a corkscrew like Laguna Seca's only more of a drop if can, a 30 deg or more banking, an off camber about 10 deg. corner, and a tunnel section, maybe even an upside down section because they can do it if they want to
downforce wise these cars could drive upside down except the motor would crap out due to lack of oil pressure and or fuel delivery stopping from the pickup point being above where the gravity puts the fuel
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

StrFerrari4Ever

You'd have to look at many of the circuits and see where overtaking occurs the most and if the place is an interesting corner or hairpin but just seeing F1 cars on 1 track going through the greatest corners of all time breathtaking and seeing them upside down that would give Webber an unfair advantage :P

lkocev

I think I have the answer....

Nurburgring - Nordschleife

ESPImperium

lkocev wrote:I think I have the answer....

Nurburgring - Nordschleife
Thats the answer that i was expecting someone to post, but it dosnt have Au Rouge and some other breathtaking corners in the world. Also i am looking for good overtaking posibilities as well that goad drivers into some really crazy moves that give the spectator what they want breathtaking corners and overtaking, making a perfect racetrack.

lkocev

On the other hand I think that Spa is more or less the perfect circuit in my opinion. Considering that the Nordschleife is too long an doesn't meet F1 saftey standards, then I think Spa has it all, a true driving and engineering challenge.

Long straights, high-speed turns, low-speed turns, heavy braking areas, plenty of elevation change, not to mention the breath taking views cutting through the forest. I don't know how it could get much better than that...

Mafster

Well, I am sure SPA is going to be the ideal track if we have some kinda poll here...mine too, (Since what i want to see isnt there 8) )

I want a track that has pit straight like fuji, followed by a tight hairpin, then "S's" from Suzuka, then chicane like Jerez, followed by Turn "8" of turkey... then another hairpin or "dunlop Curve from nurburgring", followed by eau rouge and a long long cammel streight, at the end of it, there would be a sequence of slow corners like silver stone.. and the end.... thats like 10 miles track and i had to cut Blanchimont and pouhon out :(
[RAN OUT OF INK]

bcoxa

DaveKillens wrote:If you desire a track which has certain elements such as long straight, elevation change, off-camber corner, high speed corner, chicane, and an awkward corner, just pick any Tilke track. If you want a track that truly challenges a car and driver, and has everything....

Nordschleife

I wonder how a modern F1 driver would cope with a track of such length.

Who might you suppose would come out on top?
I'm not an engineer, just an experiment.

bcoxa

I realise that it’s likely not possible for various reasons but wouldn’t it be fun if they mixed in running tracks in reverse (alternate seasons), It’s a regular in video games so why not in real life.

bcoxa

They still race there! I did not realise, thought it was just for tourist is plod around.

Perfect world (if it was relayed, safety improved... etc) it would make a great inclusion to the world of F1.

Sort the men from the boys…

jddh1

Giblet wrote:
downforce wise these cars could drive upside down except the motor would crap out due to lack of oil pressure and or fuel delivery stopping from the pickup point being above where the gravity puts the fuel
No it won't crap out for lack of fuel. The fuel in F1 cars is fed through a smaller tank that is filled every so often from the main tank (short quick burst through a control pump). This smaller tank is fitted with another pump that pushes fuel through the lines at the rates needed. So, if you only have a short upside-down section, which would last, say 2-3 seconds at most, then that would not be enough to bleed the fuel lines dry from gravity.

As for the oil pressure, the engineers will find a fix for that in a matter of minutes. And the breather would not fail either. I think it'll all be fine. You'd only run into problems if this upside-down run is over 10 seconds, in my opinion.

If skateboarders can do a full loop F1 cars can do too, although the loop would have to be of larger radius.