Truilli out at Toyota? Williams look to end Toyota deal?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ISLAMATRON

Truilli out at Toyota? Williams look to end Toyota deal?

Straight from Howett's mouth?

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 5816.shtml
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77894

Truilli would be smart to ask for an immediate release and offer his services to Ferrari for free
Last edited by ISLAMATRON on 22 Aug 2009, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

Giblet
Giblet

Re: Truilli out at Toyota?

Since Trulli says it's not about money, and his performance hasn't been too far from Glock in either way, I wonder if he led the team down a bad development path, wrecking their pre and early season momentum.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I've said it before,

Nakajima in at Toyota?
  • He is part of the Toyota young driver development program.
  • Japanese driver in Japanese team.
  • Has spent a few seasons with Williams to gather experience.
  • Maturity level high enough for promotion to the Toyota squad?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

timbo
timbo

Seems like Scarbs was right...

ISLAMATRON

mx_tifosi wrote:I've said it before,

Nakajima in at Toyota?
  • He is part of the Toyota young driver development program.
  • Japanese driver in Japanese team.
  • Has spent a few seasons with Williams to gather experience.
  • Maturity level high enough for promotion to the Toyota squad?
goes in with the news that Williams is looking for new engine parner

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 2354.shtml
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77897

but it says the contract being broken is only allowed with Williams getting a free engine deal, that may rule out cosworth...

I really hope we to see the flywheel KERS on a Williams next year

timbo
timbo

ISLAMATRON wrote:I really hope we to see the flywheel KERS on a Williams next year
How'd they package KERS (esp. flywheel, as you can't put it under radiator into sidepod) and full race distance fuel-tank?
I won't count on this.

ISLAMATRON

timbo wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:I really hope we to see the flywheel KERS on a Williams next year
How'd they package KERS (esp. flywheel, as you can't put it under radiator into sidepod) and full race distance fuel-tank?
I won't count on this.
maybe they will put it in the same place everyone else will be putting that extra 15kg of ballast to raise their min weight to 620kg. I know the density isnt the same and so the ballast will take much less volume, but I dont think they will have any trouble fitting it.

Giblet
Giblet

Re: Truilli out at Toyota? Williams look to end Toyota deal?

They will have the 15kg of ballast, plus the fact there is no batteries in the Flybrid system.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

The FOZ
The FOZ

To the "Nakajima to Toyota" crowd:

Why?

Look at this season - the performance gap between Rosberg and Nakajima is even larger than that of Alonso/Piquet Jr.

The Williams car has proven itself to be superior to the Renault, and despite this, Nakajima has performed worse in his Williams than Piquet Jr. did in his Renault.

I get it, he brings money to the team, but given Toyota's early season, they are able to perform well...what good is a bit of money coming in if it equates to only one driver who can finish in the points?

I put Toyota in the same boat as Honda. They needed some serious results to justify their existence, and they need to start cutting costs. One, at the cost of another, will do nothing for their survivability. Nakajima simply isn't a solution to the team's problems, under any situation.

xpensive
xpensive

Toyota is pulling out of F1, can't everyone see that?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

The FOZ
The FOZ

xpensive wrote:Toyota is pulling out of F1, can't everyone see that?
Strange that Howett is so rosy on keeping Glock around then...maybe he'll get promoted to salesman at a Toyota dealership then? :lol:

ISLAMATRON

The FOZ wrote:To the "Nakajima to Toyota" crowd:

Why?
If you havent noticed Nakajima is Japanese

The FOZ
The FOZ

ISLAMATRON wrote:
The FOZ wrote:To the "Nakajima to Toyota" crowd:

Why?
If you havent noticed Nakajima is Japanese
Is that your best answer to my post?

What is your deficiency that you feel the need to belittle rather than have an intelligent discussion?

ISLAMATRON

The FOZ wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:If you havent noticed Nakajima is Japanese
Is that your best answer to my post?

What is your deficiency that you feel the need to belittle rather than have an intelligent discussion?
Nobody is belittling you, calm down... just pointing something very obvious out that you failed to mention... If they are going to be slow they might as well do it with a Japanese driver and have him bring in money rather than pay Truilli a whole heap. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Also I think you fail to recognize how bad of luck Kazoo has had this year, he has speed, he just needs to get his racecraft together(Isnt that what everyone said about Sato), I personally think he has some talent, the question is if any team is patient enough to hone it.

The FOZ
The FOZ

ISLAMATRON wrote:Nobody is belittling you, calm down... just pointing something very obvious out that you failed to mention... If they are going to be slow they might as well do it with a Japanese driver and have him bring in money rather than pay Truilli a whole heap. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Also I think you fail to recognize how bad of luck Kazoo has had this year, he has speed, he just needs to get his racecraft together(Isnt that what everyone said about Sato), I personally think he has some talent, the question is if any team is patient enough to hone it.
ISLAM,

Read paragraph 5 and 6 of my first statement.

My statement is, the team needs both cost cutting AND performance gains, because even a cheap team is worthless if it sucks. You can't make a business model out of losing, unless you're the Toronto Maple Leafs. Giblet and a few others might know what I'm talking about there.

You are saying, if they're going to be slow, might as well do it on the cheap.

Nothing in your first reply to me has anything to do with your most recent "clarification".

Kazoo has had a lousy season...and a worse last season. His rate of improvement has been worse than Piquet, Jr.

F1 is a steep, steep learning curve, and getting over the initial hump does not guarantee any sort of actual success. With 2 more seasons, I can only foresee mediocrity from him.