Spa license suspended

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
timbo
timbo

Spa license suspended

flynfrog

Re: Spa is out(((((

:x Words cannot express

modbaraban
modbaraban

F***n' gutted! Spa did much more for exciting racing this season that a million OWG's ugly designs could.

What about other races?

PS: or maybe it's BE's cunning plan to find an excuse to ruin the legendary track for more 'entertaining' events a-la Singapore? Timing for this outrageous news is a bit suspicious isn't it?

Sawtooth-spike

Thats it time to Invade!

We can make just the track its own country!

I am gutted, this is the race i most wanted to see live, infact is on my list of things to do before i die! (i was waiting till the ticket prices were not 4 times more expensive than going to see a another other motor sport at Brands hatch)

:evil:
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

WhiteBlue

Are those Belgian politicians nuts?
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

jon-mullen

"It is believed that the decision comes following a 2007 complaint posted by people living in the vicinity of the legendary track."

People live near there? Isn't the main complaint about Spa that it's in the middle of nowhere? We need to investigate the signatures on this complaint, I believe half of them to be deceased or cattle. Someone should really make up a petition to get it back, I'm sure there's many many more people that want a race there than don't.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

jddh1

jon-mullen wrote:"It is believed that the decision comes following a 2007 complaint posted by people living in the vicinity of the legendary track."

People live near there? Isn't the main complaint about Spa that it's in the middle of nowhere? We need to investigate the signatures on this complaint, I believe half of them to be deceased or cattle. Someone should really make up a petition to get it back, I'm sure there's many many more people that want a race there than don't.
I agree.

Give it a couple of years and they'll lose a major part of their income from people visiting their restaurants and cafeterias. They'll come back begging for a race.

mep

No race in SPA for the next 17 years :cry:

Ah what a epic fail.
I am sure this track was there long before the people who organised the complaint.
Politics should not decice over sport. The race is only oneweek end in the whole year and just people who really live next to the track will get disturbed by the noise. We can just hope that there will be new elections soon.

MotorsportUk
MotorsportUk

thats so horrible, one of the most exciting races there is on the calendar, why dont they get rid of Valenica.

Ciro Pabón

Well, it's an oportunity. Spa could be the first track to comply with noise regulations, couldn't it?

Time to include silencers in the exhaust of F1 cars... Aren't they "green" at FIA? Well, what about the incredible noise of those cars? I bet Mosley would be delighted to launch the SERS (Sound Energy Recovery System). ;)

Another possible solution could be to use baffles around the track or earth berms. It's pretty straightforward to design them to reach the noise levels that legislation demands.

Melbourne sound tube. Let's dream a little: I always wanted to design a track with seats OVER the track, on top of a transparent roof... It's ugly... like the Eiffel Tower

With all due respect I wouldn't blame politicians, I guess that this is a legal ruling. Noise levels are enforced everywhere.

Last idea: pay some vacation package to all neighboors during race weekend.

Seventeen years... time enough for Max Mosley to quit.
Ciro

xpensive
xpensive

Think for a moment Ciro, 17 years from now the oil reserves are perhaps dried out and F1 will be nuclear and silent?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

timbo
timbo

Scotracer
Scotracer

Ciro Pabón wrote:Well, it's an oportunity. Spa could be the first track to comply with noise regulations, couldn't it?

Time to include silencers in the exhaust of F1 cars... Aren't they "green" at FIA? Well, what about the incredible noise of those cars? I bet Mosley would be delighted to launch the SERS (Sound Energy Recovery System). ;)

Another possible solution could be to use baffles around the track or earth berms. It's pretty straightforward to design them to reach the noise levels that legislation demands.

Melbourne sound tube. Let's dream a little: I always wanted to design a track with seats OVER the track, on top of a transparent roof... Imagine that: the seats couldn't be closer to the action, even with large safety run-off areas. That's what I would call a XXIth century circuit. I would actually pay money if they allowed me to design something like that over Eau Rouge, nonwithstanding purists complains. It's ugly... like the Eiffel Tower

With all due respect I wouldn't blame politicians, I guess that this is a legal ruling. Noise levels are enforced everywhere.

Last idea: pay some vacation package to all neighboors during race weekend.

Seventeen years... time enough for Max Mosley to quit.
Cheaper than the vacation package...

Powertrain Cooling Engineer

Afterburner

The belgian government suspended the courts decision, Spa keeps his license has more environment checks are made.

Steven
Owner

Afterburner wrote:The belgian government suspended the courts decision, Spa keeps his license has more environment checks are made.
Indeed.

Don't worry guys, this is Belgium, there's often a stir but things usually turn out ok in the end ;)