Bernie's mouth

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Giblet

Bernie's mouth

PLease make it close.

He makes Hitler comparisons. Even if you think you see a similarity, you DON'T DRAW HITLER COMPARISONS.

He says Senna's death was good for the sport. maybe for his pockets, yes.

Yeah, good thing the only drivers of his caliber (debatable, but widely accepted) left after that was Schumi and Mika.

The sport might have not been so boring watching a red car drive into the distance if Senna was around keeping people honest.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

zgred

Re: Bernie's mouth

He should sometimes try this action with his tongue.

Ted68

I couldn't believe what he said about Senna's death. No one's death should be commented on in that manner. Period. And to say it was unfortunate, but, there was good money in it is beyond comprehension.

Hopefully F1 stays as interesting as it is, or even returns to it's former glory. Because if it diminishes even more Bernie may pick up the phone...

"Hey, Schumi? Big B here. Listen, I've kinda changed my stance on the three car thing. What do you say to coming back?"
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

vasia

Bernie and Max need to leave the sport (and the FIA) ASAP.

JamesS

The guy is one big cock muncher, to put it lightly.

The sooner he keels over the bloody better.

WhiteBlue

JamesS wrote:The sooner he keels over the bloody better.
1+
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

autogyro

Bernie knows all about losing a driver and a friend, he lost one when he was a team principle himself.
In those days drivers would never even contemplate crashing on purpose, far to dangerous, it bred sportsmanship.
Ayrton would almost certainly just laugh at Bernie's comments, he knew the score as well.
Today it is almost impossible to judge which drivers would have the guts to drive that old machinery and which drivers are simply big girls blouses playing at being macho.
We see plenty of the later in City centers all over the world every weekend and it is so sad.
Only skill can be judged today a rounded driving ability capable of facing that absolute challenge is no longer there.
Careful you do not bruise yer finger.

Shrek

Well if you think about it Senna's crash was good (KEEP READING) for safety, just think how many more lives would have been taken if not for the increased safety like Mika in Adelaide 1995 I think, but other than that yes its a tragedy and Bernie is an ass.
Spencer

mx_tifoso

Why do you guys give a f*ck about what he says or doesn't say? Does it effect your life? Hell no it doesn't.

Just like him, we all need to get back to reality and face our real lives instead of talking about some prick who doesn't give a damn about us.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Giblet

mx_tifosi wrote:Why do you guys give a f*ck about what he says or doesn't say? Does it effect your life? Hell no it doesn't.

Just like him, we all need to get back to reality and face our real lives instead of talking about some prick who doesn't give a damn about us.
because he runs the commercial side of the sport we love, and what he says and does has a direct bearing on my life. Taking away my countries gp for example.

That's why I give a f*** but I can't speak for the others. You not giving a ---, maybe not commenting would have sufficed,
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

sknguy

I understand where your coming from mx_tifosi. But the matter of the loss of Senna runs deep with a lot of people. And certainly someone's death should not be trivialized.
Shrek wrote:Well if you think about it Senna's crash was good (KEEP READING) for safety, just think how many more lives would have been taken if not for the increased safety like Mika in Adelaide 1995 I think, but other than that yes its a tragedy and Bernie is an ass.
The problem is that the rationale that Mr. Eccelstone used wasn't for safety sake... it was merely for the publicity of Formula One. He goes on to offer a pathetic and disingenuous remorse about the incident.
autogyro wrote:Ayrton would almost certainly just laugh at Bernie's comments, he knew the score as well.
You seem to have some intimate insight into the mind of Senna? :wtf: Do tell more.

Steven
Owner

Guys, I think you are all getting heated up a little bit too much. Seriously, I've read these reactions all over the web, and they are all topping each other out.

There are a few things to realise here. First, Bernie was a great fan of Ayrton, there was great respect for him. Secondly, Bernie is the owner of the commercial rights, and always talks from the money point of view. You need to take this into account when reading his quotes.

In short, he said "it's sad we lost Senna, but the accident drew massive interest towards Formula One". That in the end is good for his wallet, while at the same time it's a very sad and tragic loss, something we all agree on.