Jean Todt elected as FIA President

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
axle
axle

Jean Todt elected as FIA President

I fear we are doomed to more tyrany.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79695
- Axle

myurr
myurr

Re: Jean Todt elected as FIA President

I think this is an awful outcome for the FIA and F1, but hopefully Todt will prove me wrong.

autogyro
autogyro

Thank God for that.
I thought for a horriblle moment that F1 was 'Finished'.
The big car makers and the oil companies will not be able to take over now.
At least there will be stability in F1.

wesley123
wesley123

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now we will have mosley II as president, nothing will change, the same corruption and stupid penalties will still be part of the fia, i hoped vatanen would become the president, so this all would be history, but it seems otherwise.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

vyselegend

Although I'm not the least bit surprised by this outcome, I still feel sick.

Sorry for the strange comparison but I feel Mosley placed Todt there the same way Poutine placed Medvedev as president of Russian Federation...

Somehow we still have Mosley as FIA president. We're cursed... :sick:

autogyro
autogyro

vyselegend wrote:Although I'm not the least bit surprised by this outcome, I still feel sick.

Sorry for the strange comparison but I feel Mosley placed Todt there the same way Poutine placed Medvedev as president of Russian Federation...

No not cursed, just misinformed by the sensationalist press.
It is people like Murdock the world should get free of.

modbaraban
modbaraban

vyselegend wrote:Although I'm not the least bit surprised by this outcome, I still feel sick.

Interestingly Russian motorsport body voiced their support of Todt, unlike Ukrainian FAU who openly supported Vatanen.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

The only way we will get rid of Mosley at the FIA is if he dies. I think that Todt will have many good ideas for the future, i think that Mosley will somehow take them and make them his ideas before he will allow them to come thrugh.

But one thing i think the FOTA teams will be looking into for post 2012 is a break away governing body, something like what happened in darts in the late 80s and early 90s, where a new governing body is set up in a diffrent duristicton to France and most probably headed up by someone that has the same or simmilar values to what Ari had. I think that will be what they are looking at. A democratic, open, transparent, fair and consistant governing body, not a one rule for one one rule for another stacatto governing body.

That way rules will be stable for periods of 3 years at a time.

We are doomed to a point, but im gonna give Todt a year before making a more conclusive judgement.

WhiteBlue

I'm pleased by the outcome of the election but still a little sad that it had to be Jean Todt. I thought he would be a very controversial candidate and that someone else might be found to keep the FIA on track.

The vote is a strong endorsement of Max Mosley's policies which have guided the FIA successfully over many years. Todt is no stranger to being successfull. In the top FIA position he must also integrate and inspire. We will see if he has it in himself to pull all stake holders in mobility and motor sport into his team.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

I think either of the candidates are capable man, but Todt will always have a stigma attached to him as being the "Ferrari man", and seeing how strong FIA as viewed being Ferrari centric in the past by many, this is making the matter worse in that regard....

I hope this is the end of the election controversy though...hopefully the process was just and transparent....

SZ
SZ

RacingManiac wrote:I hope this is the end of the election controversy though...hopefully the process was just and transparent....
That was the funniest thing I've read in a while... still wiping away the tears... thanks for that

(You weren't serious were you?)

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

Ferrari International Assistance days are back? :?: #-o
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

Richard
Richard

modbaraban wrote:Interestingly Russian motorsport body voiced their support of Todt, unlike Ukrainian FAU who openly supported Vatanen.
err.. if you know much about their politics over the last decade the I would expect them to vote for opposite candidates ion principle. Recent history includes cutting off gas supplies, poisoning the president-elect, admission of murdering journalists investigate Russian activities in Ukraine etc

modbaraban
modbaraban

Reading WB's post made me hear voices singing "Ave-e-e! Ave-e-e-e!" in the background all the way. Why is that? Anyone else hearing it? I'm thinking it's Mike Patton's singing.

@ richard_leeds - perhaps they just wanted to support the good cause, and especially not expecting anything in return :)

Let us remember it's not just about F1 which was badly governed over the last decade of Mosleyism but also other areas of motorsport like WRC that seem to be forgotten and deserted.

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

SZ wrote:
RacingManiac wrote:I hope this is the end of the election controversy though...hopefully the process was just and transparent....
That was the funniest thing I've read in a while... still wiping away the tears... thanks for that

(You weren't serious were you?)

Well it was enough for Vatinen to withdrew his legal action....but with FIA you can never know...