heikki gets second class treatment ?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lebesset

heikki gets second class treatment ?

well , if you were running a F1 team [ or any other team come to that ] , would you give preference to

the nicest guy ?
your favourite ?
the fastest ?

answers on the back of a postage stamp please
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

roost89

Re: heikki gets second class treatment ?

In the team, the most consistent, as long as they were fast too.

out of those options, fastest
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

ESPImperium

Consistant, Fast and gives good technical feedback. Hence Alonso being in demand from Ferarri.

If i were giving drives to the current crop id have something like what Renault will have in 2010, Glock and Kubica. Or maybes Heidfeld and Raikkonen in a team.

astracrazy

Hamilton is the number one driver, and has earned that status against heikki in 2008 and 2009. So why should he not get all the parts first. I like Heikki, but i feel as a driver he would be more suited half way down the field and as he said in his own words, aiming for points. Where to be fair it should be wins at Macca.

With hamilton you know your gonna get 99.9% performance out of any new parts you try. With Heikki thats now always the case.

With referance to his comments on the fuel loads in quali. I don't see the issue. Its his race pace that has let him down, he is given a good stratagy. When he has a good amount of fuel on board he qualifies well but he just doesn't show up on the day.

Was it monza where with the amount of fuel he had he should have won? Was he not on a 1 stop there which is best suited for that track? Hamilton on a 2...

chasefreak

hekki just does not have the pace... in valencia he blew it in quali and when the race day came .. he was no where near the hammi's pace.... hekki is no way in the top league... he should stop crying like a baby.......

deus1066

It's such a shame, I thought he'd be the next big thing after he won the Nissan world series, race of champions and led a lot of his one and only GP2 season. And after a rough start at Renault, ended up putting the experienced Fisichella in the shade by the end of the season with some good performances. He's also a Finn! But unfortunately for him, Hamilton is just faster.

It should be said my talent spotting is pretty rubbish though. I remember thinking Massa would never achieve anything in his debut season at Sauber, and thought he didn't deserve the Ferrari seat and then he proves to be a title challenger last season. My next tip... Hulkenberg!

I agree Heikki would be a very good midfield driver, seems to keep his head down and put the effort in, and to be honest most drivers wouldn't compare well to Hamilton.

Oh and to answer the question... if you have to give the new parts to only one driver it has to be the fastest or the guy with the most points.

ringo

I think Heiki is a pretty fast driver, he is somewhere in the grey area between the top tier and second. Hamilton is making him look ordinary, but don't be fooled. The only problem i have with him is not his pace but his first 5 laps in a race never seem to be good at all. I guess it is down to how he manages the tires or his race craft.
I know he will do well at toyota, He should do better than Truli.
His treatment is equal to Hamilton's he gets more fuel because he may not be able to nail a really fast lap on one go, so a little extra fuel is there for insurance for the next lap. The engineers input comes from him, so he has no reason to complain.

The gear box issue today could be caused by his overly aggressive driving today; he was jumping kerbs the whole day. I don't think the engineers are neglecting him in anyway, i can't remember the last time he had mechanical issues.
For Sure!!