USF1 or USGPE

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Malarobusteza
Malarobusteza

USF1 or USGPE

Hi all,

This is something that has perplexed me for the latter half of the '09 season.

I recall many articles on the 'net and indeed even on the official F1 website that Bernie took umbridge to Peter Windsor claiming the name USF1 and requested it be retracted and renamed. Below is just one link that explains it: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/06/eccl ... ngineerin/

So what is perplexing me is that:

1: The URL for US 'f1/gpe' is indeed GPE
2: Everytime I see Peter Windsor on the TV/in print he refers to the team as USF1
3: All other associated web/print media still use the USF1 name.

Anybody know the official outcome and what this team actually should/is being called for 2010?

Oh and hi, this is my first post, I look forward to hanging around :)

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Re: USF1 or USGPE

Welcome to F1Technical :) .

But if you would scroll down to the similar topics list you would see a forty-something page long thread about this team. So please direct your comments there.

Anyways, the team started off as USF1, but legally it can't have 'F1' in the title. So I believe they are now USGPE; US Grand Prix Engineering.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

raceman

Aye, it's indeed USGPE

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Was USF1 to start with, then leagally had to drop the F1 bit, but then became USF1 on the official entrants list for 2010 on the FIA web site.

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pr ... ntry2.aspx

So untill futher notice, its gonna be USF1 for me, as the FIA wouldnt have approved then name otherwise.