team owners vote vettel top driver for 2009

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lebesset
lebesset

team owners vote vettel top driver for 2009

well , could be wrong but I guess these people know a bit about the quality of drivers

notice 2 things

vettel has , in effect , 2 teams to put him at the top

button at number 2 ...they obviously don't think he is an undeserving world champion!
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

tarzoon

Re: team owners vote vettel top driver for 2009

link, please! :)

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

tarzoon wrote:link, please! :)
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80222

Code: Select all

1. Sebastian Vettel       76
 2. Jenson Button          67
 3. Lewis Hamilton         65
 4. Fernando Alonso        39
 5. Rubens Barrichello     35
 6= Kimi Raikkonen         30
 6= Mark Webber            30
 8. Felipe Massa           19
 9. Robert Kubica          10
10. Adrian Sutil           8

Shrek
Shrek

I would second it because if he hasn't crashed or blown up, i think he would be vying for a podium finish, and it seems that after Jenson won his races he just basically stayed in the mid and lower points. Of course it might also depend on the car too.
Spencer

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

Shrek wrote:I would second it because if he hasn't crashed or blown up, i think he would be vying for a podium finish, and it seems that after Jenson won his races he just basically stayed in the mid and lower points. Of course it might also depend on the car too.
Horse ---. Vettel has no one else to blame for him crashing or destroying engines but himself. Jenson had the same treatment once this season when he qualified with the rookies and they took him out.
Jenson has finished every race in the points bar 1 this season, he's put in some steller drives, this result just seems like everyone's trying to jump on the "Vettel's the next Schumacher" bandwagon.
Last edited by Confused_Andy on 20 Nov 2009, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteBlue

Of course this is based on last results. On the other hand you have to take the age of these guys into account. Unless you look at a bridesmaid type of driver like Rubens or David the stars all run out of steam when they pass into the mid 30ties. Button will not have many years to run to his sell by date.

Alonso and Hamilton are both rated lower than Button which surprises a bit. Are their successes forgotten already? The car always reflects a lot on the drivers.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

lebesset
lebesset

STELLA drives ? no wonder you are confused , andy
and save a few bottles for me please
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Shrek
Shrek

Confused_Andy wrote:
Shrek wrote:I would second it because if he hasn't crashed or blown up, i think he would be vying for a podium finish, and it seems that after Jenson won his races he just basically stayed in the mid and lower points. Of course it might also depend on the car too.
Horse ---. Vettel has no one else to blame for him crashing or destroying engines but himself. Jenson had the same treatment once this season when he qualified with the rookies and they took him out.
Jenson has finished every race in the points bar 1 this season, he's put in some steller drives, this result just seems like everyone's trying to jump on the "Vettel's the next Schumacher" bandwagon.
but you do have to admit he did win in a Toro Rosso car last year which is kind of hard
Spencer

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

It was at a soaked Monza, not really a normal situation was it.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

WhiteBlue

mx_tifosi wrote:It was at a soaked Monza, not really a normal situation was it.
Well to lead a race from soaked Monza to finish first he had to dominate the qualifying sessions and make no mistake which he dutifully did. So the win wasn't gifted by other more capable cars failing but by a superior driver performance over the whole of the weekend. Anybody denying that has obviously not seen the action. I have it all on disk including the practice sessions. It will go down as an early career achievement like Schumi's victory in Spa 1992. To get this kind of feathers on your caps makes all the difference in getting access to the right cars unless you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth like Hamilton.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

If Vettel had been senceable at a couple of points during the season, im thinking Austrailia letting Kubica thrugh for one and taking a net 3rd place, and not getting trigger happy at Turkey on lap 1 letting Button thrugh and at Monaco passing Buemi in a better place other than Turn 1. I recon that he would have got much more than he did in his points total this year. Maybes not enough to overhaul Jenson in the WDC, but posibly enough to make it alot closer than it otherwise was.

And the relyability problems, id say would have made a diffrence, but lets leave them be and focus on the human error in the heat of the battle that would have made more a diffrence.

ringo

Vettel will be a champ once Hamilton retires or Alonso. :mrgreen:
He is definitely blindingly quick and good qualifier, i would give him #1 too for 2009. The car is part of it but hey the speed of driver + car is what counts overall.
I just want to know how quick he truly is.
He just needs some exciting drives is all and has to prove himself head to head with big boss men Hamlonso. Button knows this and is stepping up to the plate for 2010.

Vettel will definitely be like a kimi, and only drive top cars from now on.
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

Even as a Hamilton fan I fully endorse Vettel! (mods we need a thumbs up smiley!) The kid is FAST!! I am not surprised he came first. He definitely has the buzz factor. I wouldn't say he is the best on all grounds but he definitely one of the "hot" drivers (no gay jokes please) of the year. I think that's all this list is about, which drivers brought the most excitement and conversation in the paddock.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

WhiteBlue

Principals need to look at the potential and there are few drivers with the potential of Vettel. He is young and will learn from his mistakes. I just hope that Newey also will. He has a history of fast and fragile which is not the way to win championships consistently. Hopefully he will find an iron fist to come down on sloppy execution.

ringo

safety factor = 0.999 is newey policy it seems.
The car can barely survive what it is subjected to. It shows he has a greater grasp of car design more than anyone else does, but it's a huge gamble.

Whiteblue is he your pick to win the WDC next year? And who do Germans like more, Rosberg or Vettel?
There are so many german drivers in F1, almost too much.
For Sure!!