Where is Rubens Barichello???

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raceman

Err em...

In the past few days (or month should I say :roll: ), I haven't read any news about Rubens Barichello except that he was confirmed as a Williams driver for 2010! Just NO news of/from him.....

Where is he/what he is doing??

:?: :?: :?:

hpras

Re: Where is Rubens Barichello???

Hiding from Michael.

Fil

Like Jenson, Rubens would be contracted until Dec 31st 2009. So he can't do any work at Williams, and obviously Mercedes won't want him hanging around their factory either!

He'll be enjoying some gardening leave, training, holidaying, spending time with family and friends. Recharge the batteries for next year.

Pretty much what all the drivers do at this stage of the year.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Tiakumosan

He will be racing on the Desafio das Estrelas on 11/28 and 11/29, here in Brazil:

http://www.desafiodasestrelas.com.br/

Giblet

He also does a call-in psychiatric show on a Seattle radio station.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Roland Ehnström

:lol:

The_Man

Wow that is a find!

ringo

Fil wrote:Like Jenson, Rubens would be contracted until Dec 31st 2009. So he can't do any work at Williams, and obviously Mercedes won't want him hanging around their factory either!

He'll be enjoying some gardening leave, training, holidaying, spending time with family and friends. Recharge the batteries for next year.

Pretty much what all the drivers do at this stage of the year.
He has a video on the Williams website actually!
I guess he left brawn on much better terms than Button; they have allowed him to do as he pleases.
http://www.williamsf1.com/multimedia/video/142
For Sure!!

pgj
pgj

[ot]

Now that there is no testing between the end of the season and the start of the new year, why do driver contracts run from Jan to Dec? In Williams' and Mercedes' case it would make sense if they released their drivers to each other.

[\ot]

Rubens said that he wanted to spend a week at Grove before Christmas. He plans to park his motor-home there so that he can get to meet everyone. Including those doing shift-work.
Williams and proud of it.

ESPImperium

Question) Contracts from Jan to Dec.

Answer: Simply put, to make shure that no critical data on any new car isnt passed from team to team via a driver. Also means that a driver cannot tell the new team what the previous teams car was like to the new teams car and improve from there.

Also means that the drivers can have some downtime, endulge in some thing they wouldnt normally do mid season, like Rally Driving or mountain biking or Tri-athalons. As well as relax, spend time with friends/family. And any time other than that, work on fitness and for other aspects for the new season.

Theres quite a few reasons why.

raceman

yup, saw the video!!

IMO, he looked a bit sad (at least I felt it whilst watching him)!

BTW, I saw WF1TV at the end below the AT&T WilliamsF1 logo. Is it really an F1 TV service by Williams??

Richard

ringo wrote: I guess he left brawn on much better terms than Button; they have allowed him to do as he pleases.
Number of factors -

- Brawn wanted Rubens to leave so it is in their interests to make it easy for him.
- Brawn wanted Rosberg, I guess Williams have let him talk to Brawn in exchange for talking to Rubens
- Jensen was poached by a direct competitor from under Brawn's nose, especially when Brawn are reported to offered Jensen more than McL offered. No wonder that BRawn said to Jensen, if you are going to be awkward, we are going to be awkward too.

Fil

Not a bad little insight into Rubens mid-season. Shame about Eddie being there though..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul0IhohQy5U[/youtube]
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Pandamasque

There:

Richard