JV to Lotus??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
greenpower dude reloaded

JV to Lotus??

Now, I don't know if he saw him OR infact it really happened but a friend of mine at Uni in Norwich says that a certain Mr Jacques Villeneuve was spotted in a pub in the Norfolk area this week...

interesting....

dantech

Re: JV to Lotus??

Hi, he was there here's the link...

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/ ... 3A34%3A503

also he was driving the Lotus Evora...

http://www.ruefrontenac.com/sports/spor ... chez-lotus

babel translation:

Jacques Villeneuve rolled in Lotus Thursday afternoon! The Québécois pilot, who envisaged to spend the next weeks at his place, rather put the course on England in order to go to visit the installations of Lotus Cars.

Villeneuve discussed with the staff the company and it even made some turns of wheels on the legendary circuit of Hethel with a Lotus Evora, new spearhead of the English mark in the market of the sports cars.

“I cannot reveal the contents of our conversations, but I liked my visit much, said Villeneuve, joined in England. It was necessary to come here for carrying out well the extent of the tradition which surrounds Lotus. The owners have beautiful being Malaysian, they understood that the best way of doing thrive Lotus was well to anchor itself in the legend.”

“It is always special to see craftsmen manufacturing each car to the hand. One feels the same one will have as at Ferrari. It is important for Lotus and F-1 that the mark returns in the sport.”

Villeneuve wanted to keep the secret visit but Norwich Evening News, a local newspaper, gave a report on the dinner of Villeneuve to Bird in the Hand, a pub of Wreningham, with a few kilometers of the factories where the cars were developed which allowed Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Emerson Fittipaldi, Jochen Rindt and Mario Andretti to gain their championships of the world.

Moreover, for Jacques Villeneuve, it was almost a “dream of p' tit guy” which it carried out by visiting Lotus.

“Few people know that my first hero in F-1 was not Gilles but well Emerson Fittipaldi, Villeneuve entrusts. The first small-scale model of F-1 with which I played was a Lotus Type72D de Fittipaldi with the colors of John Players Special! I already spoke about it with Emerson, but there, that made me a whole feeling be on the spot where as many cars of exception was built. ”

As one could expect it while reading, in Norwich Evening News, that Villeneuve was with another Canadian, it is the Resident of Laval Gino Rosato, vice-president with the corporative businesses of Group Lotus Inc., which was used as guide with its compatriot.

“Gino even found the means of putting to me at the wheel of Evora, the new model of Lotus. I really was pleased to lead it. The cars of Lotus are really small cars of race which can be used on the road. It is good sign… They have the air still able to build cars of race!”

Let us recall that Lotus F1 TEAM obtained from Group Lotus a license to bring back the legendary name on the grid of F-1. Under the orders of the executive director Tony Fernandes and the chief technical officer Mike Gascoyne, the team holds one of the 13 places of manufacturers granted by TRUSTED for the season 2010. Gascoyne gave a report on conversations besides that it had with Villeneuve in connection with the next season of F-1.

Pandamasque

No wonder. I would walk as far as Norwich to pick up that car :wink:

If JV is looking for an F1 seat he'd better visit some pubs at Kuala Lumpur. There are pubs, right?

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

dantech wrote:Hi, he was there here's the link...
This is the weirdest post ever going...

xpensive
xpensive

I hear JV was shitfaced in the same pub later that evening.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

lebesset
lebesset

of course , the car company is not connected with lotus F1

it's a bit like daimler benz were not connected to daimler cars , which were part of jaguar

the rights to use the name is another thing ; remember a certain german company that bought rolls royce cars only to find later that they didn't own the rights to the name ! [ if you don't know , that belongs to the aero engine company ]
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

dantech

Jacques Villeneuve visits Lotus factory

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/o ... tid=113619

GTO

Beautiful new Lotus!
JV going to the Lotus car factory may not any connection to him joining Lotus F1.

Pandamasque

GTO wrote:Beautiful new Lotus!
JV going to the Lotus car factory may not any connection to him joining Lotus F1.
There were mentions about Gino Rosato leaving Ferrari F1 team to head Lotus' Le Mans and IndyCar programmes.

... ?

ISLAMATRON

lebesset wrote:of course , the car company is not connected with lotus F1
You sure about that? Lotus is mostly owned by Proton, a malaysian company which is also the backer of the Lotus F1 team...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton_(carmaker)

check it out

xpensive
xpensive

Quite obviously, there must be a connection between the two entities, that's what I always thought anyway?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

greenpower dude reloaded

something doesn't ring true..... maybe they weren't expecting it all to get out. But took a couple of pictures for when they announce? I dunno maybe not but it all seems a bit odd.

A retired world champ says he's coming getting back up to fitness because there is a possibility of a drive. He then turns up at the factory of the company that has just entered next year. Yes, ok there are only really more name than anything else BUT Lotus F1 are based either the same site or very close. but the car is being made mostly in Italy and thereare some other aspects in Malaysia but when you look at all of those little things it looks verryyy interesting.

lebesset
lebesset

team lotus is owned by litespeed , and they applied for an entry
however it looks like I am a few weeks out of date , and that another team using the lotus name applied [ lotus F1 ? ] and got an entry ; presumably this is sponsored by lotus cars , who were apoplectic about someone else using the lotus name and were going to sue
if this is true , it will be the first time that the racing team and the car company will be in the same ownership since the 1950's
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Raptor22
Raptor22

I really hope that JV is not returning to F1.... :(

DanyalDenyo

Raptor22 wrote:I really hope that JV is not returning to F1.... :(
+1