So is it official virgin racing?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
astracrazy

So is it official virgin racing?

So looking at the FIA entry list
24 Timo GLOCK (D) VIRGIN RACING VIRGIN COSWORTH
25 TBA VIRGIN RACING VIRGIN COSWORTH

is it official manor is now virgin racing?

wesley123

Re: So is it official virgin racing?

it is virgin, that is how they are registrated now. The deal with manor was alrady known though never officially announced
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Fil

i wonder if this is a Toleman/Benetton deal with ownership involved, or only a title sponsorship.

It is odd the Manor name isn't being used at all.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

ESPImperium

Fil wrote:i wonder if this is a Toleman/Benetton deal with ownership involved, or only a title sponsorship.

It is odd the Manor name isn't being used at all.
Would you want to be racing for Virgin Manor???

Best avoid the potential embarasment of having a name that is potentially harmful and damaging to the brand name. I think that the FIA will announce the full list for 2010 on 11th of December, as thats then the WMSC offically announces everything for 2010 when everyones there for the Champions Gala in Monaco.

Fil

ESPImperium wrote:Would you want to be racing for Virgin Manor???
If you're asking me personally, i'd love to ride a Virgin.. :lol:
hmm, maybe that's why Timo signed up... he'll soon realise that he really signed up for a rookie F1 racing team! #-o

You're right tho, its similar to when British American Tobacco setup up BAR, initially everyone expected the venture to be called BAT Racing, then the Batman jokes came out..
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).