Sauber granted 2010 grid place!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Confused_Andy

Sauber granted 2010 grid place!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80429
"The FIA has written to inform BMW Sauber AG that their application for an entry in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship has been successful," said a statement issued by the FIA.

"Subject to their signing the Concorde Agreement, BMW Sauber will be awarded the 13th entry in the Championship, taking the place of the departing Toyota team.

"The FIA has worked closely with the Commercial Rights Holder and the teams involved over recent weeks and is grateful for their support in achieving the best outcome for the sport."
:D

segedunum

Re: Sauber granted 2010 grid place!

Good for them. I'm pleased to see a decent independent team like Sauber back and I'm pleased to see it being run by Peter Sauber and not a bunch of crooks.

Ted68

Good to see Peter back. So we have 26 cars on the grid next year. Many rookie teams and drivers, turn one at Bahrain will be interesting. Can't wait!
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

ESPImperium

FIS Realease: http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pr ... auber.aspx

I am so glad that sence has prevailed on this one. Really hope the can interface the BMW Sauber F1.10/C29 chassis up to the Ferarri 056 now. At least they have a better lead time than what Brawn has with the Honda pull out last year.

No more Stefan GP rumors is only good, means we have a team that means alot to the sport is gonna be in it and not a leased hobby for someone.

woohoo

allow me to say my user name out loud!
The only way to close a stupid question is to give a smart answer

WhiteBlue

Congratulations to Peter Sauber and all the team to this wonderful news. It is good for F1 and good for the fans. Ultimately it is also good for BMW who would have suffered badly if the dithering on the sale of the team had led to the dismanteling of a strong established team with private roots.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

xpensive

One has to wonder why BMW didn't see this, for an outsider anyway, rather obvious solution from the beginning?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

marcush.

congratulations to Peter Sauber ,this was well deserved for a man of such integrity
and responsibility .Also congrats to the Fia to take a mature and sensible decision
in this .Does the Todt factor already show?

WhiteBlue

xpensive wrote:One has to wonder why BMW didn't see this, for an outsider anyway, rather obvious solution from the beginning?
They were thinking that they would minimize their losses by the sale. Only when it became clear that Stefan GP would take the 13th slot they stopped the dithering and saved the team. It is understandable in a corporation. They saw how Brawn/Merc ripped off Honda and were determine to do better. With their backs to the wall they finally had to give in and accept a much lower price I would say.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Slife

So Sauber sold his team ,and then got it back, in a presumably improved state ?

WhiteBlue

Pretty much on spot, except for the pain of having to reduce employment back to 2005 levels.

tomislavp4

Great news! I have a team to cheer for again, good luck Sauber :D

CMSMJ1

A good outcome for this. BMW didn't cover themselves in glory with this mess though...
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

ESPImperium

WhiteBlue wrote:Pretty much on spot, except for the pain of having to reduce employment back to 2005 levels.
On whitch he can draw on the lessons from the Honda to Brawn GP switch over on that one.

The facilities he has now far exceed those of what BMW took on to begin with, and what many teams have currently in F1. Supercomputer for one.

WhiteBlue

It will be interesting to see what will happen with Intel in F1. I believe their agreement with BMW runs out at the end of this year, but perhaps Sauber can convince them to return on a reduced rate for another year.