Ferrari secret Schumacher test breached F1 test ban?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Astro1

Ferrari secret Schumacher test breached F1 test ban?

http://ferrarif1forum.com/2009/12/05/fe ... -test-ban/

If this is true, this is huge. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Pitpass, has been the source of some questionable articles but this if it's false could be one of the biggest.

If it's true however, than wow. What was Monte thinking!

Well last time pitpass said something about Lotus and how they copied the FI model or were at least using it, people had doubts, but it later cam to be true.

I certainly hope, that Ferrari wasn't dumb enough to do it, but "engine allocation" would certainly not be an issue. I'd think that Ferrari have quite a few "extra" units lying around in case they are somehow needed or if the team goes beyond the allocated ammount.

The biggest problem with this is that if this is true it will cost Ferrari some big $$$ as they couldn't take away championship points as the test wasn't used to benefit current F1 progress during the season but would be in breach of the testing agreement resulting in probably a minimal fine.

raceman

Re: Ferrari secret Schumacher test breached F1 test ban?

:shock:

mx_tifoso

If an F60 touched wheels on any tarmac the press would certainly know about it and publish it don't you think? But who knows, this smells fishy so hopefully it isn't true.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Astro1

I'm hoping that the pitpass source simply made a mistake and Michael in reality tested something other than an F60. It just seems odd that they would want to do something like that.

I'd think that Ferrari would ask the FIA for a test if they were to do one. But who knows! Where there is smoke there is fire.

mx_tifoso

It's common knowledge that the F2007 was fitted with GP2 slicks for that Mugello session.

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ISLAMATRON

who cares? Show me a story where Ferrari ISNT cheating and that would be big news.

TRICKLE69

I am sure that there is not 1 day that Ferrari run a car and the press is not aware. This would not have been a secret for so long.
IT IS WHAT IT IS

TRICKLE69

ISLAMATRON wrote:who cares? Show me a story where Ferrari ISNT cheating and that would be big news.
All teams cheat it is just about who gets caught. Ferrari are just more exploited in general. How much news do see about STR?
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Richard

Here's a link to the original pitpass story ... I deliberately use the word "story"!

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=39644

As for "they're all cheats", I refer you to this earlier thread .... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7180

wesley123

If this is true then the FIA should take it really big, every team follows the testing ban,but ferrari not, not pretty much unsuspected as they have a test circuit in their backyard, none of the other teams have it like ferrari has it, so the other teams simply cannot break the rule in secret.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

audifan

bet he used the overalls and crash helmet he wore on Top Gear !
and ferrari said Stig it to them !

timbo

wesley123 wrote:If this is true then the FIA should take it really big, every team follows the testing ban,but ferrari not, not pretty much unsuspected as they have a test circuit in their backyard, none of the other teams have it like ferrari has it, so the other teams simply cannot break the rule in secret.
C'mon mate. This is the age of interwebs. And both Fiorano and Mugello are not in the middle of the desert - haven't you seen spy images of Ferrari testing their cars?
It is impossible to conduct a "secret" test of F1 car with engine on.

axle

I honestly don't care...even if he did run a couple of laps in the F60 it was a fruitless exercise.

The F60 wasn't being developed from that point any how so there was no data to really gain.
- Axle

wesley123

timbo wrote:
wesley123 wrote:If this is true then the FIA should take it really big, every team follows the testing ban,but ferrari not, not pretty much unsuspected as they have a test circuit in their backyard, none of the other teams have it like ferrari has it, so the other teams simply cannot break the rule in secret.
C'mon mate. This is the age of interwebs. And both Fiorano and Mugello are not in the middle of the desert - haven't you seen spy images of Ferrari testing their cars?
It is impossible to conduct a "secret" test of F1 car with engine on.
imo it actually is possible, ferrari goes to the circuit, no1 informed and does a test.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

timbo

wesley123 wrote:imo it actually is possible, ferrari goes to the circuit, no1 informed and does a test.
And local people temporarily go deaf.