Berger to join Renault team in 2010

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WhiteBlue

Berger to join Renault team in 2010

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=353911

That would be a tremendous break through for the Renault team. Gerhard is a core F1 man with unfinished business in mind. You can bet he will be in it with a share of his own and will drive very hard for good drivers, engineers and designs.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Raptor22
Raptor22

Re: Berger to join Renault team in 2010

This will pacify Kubica then......

raceman

:shock:

WhiteBlue

It is a shrewed move by Lopez. Gerhard knows his ways in F1 politics and management. This means he will be able to bring in his skill for equity and Gen2 will have a proven race winning team manager to protect their investment. Win/win all around.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

xpensive
xpensive

I know that he speaks a kind of German of course, but what has Berger really accomplished within F1-management?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Fil

It would be an instant popularity boost within F1 circles for the team, a strong mentor for the drivers, a charismatic leader for the troops. But management? Nothing spectacular.

personally, i still think the team's best choice is from within, Eric Boullier
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

WhiteBlue

xpensive wrote:I know that he speaks a kind of German of course, but what has Berger really accomplished within F1-management?
Build up Toro Rosso into a winning team. 2008 Monza for those who suffer from rapid memory deterioration. He jointly managed BMW's F1 return with Williams together with Theissen. That wasn't without successes either.

He also was his own manager througout his long F1 career. He also runs a huge logistic company he inherited by his parents together with his sister. The guy knows a thing or two about F1 and business.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 18 Dec 2009, 11:50, edited 2 times in total.

xpensive
xpensive

By the same logic, I guess that Vijay Mallya built up Force India to an almost winning team in 2009? :lol:

Fil

Ross Brawn built up Honda F1 to a non-existent team.. :lol:

i quite enjoy this so-called logic! :lol:
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

WhiteBlue

xpensive wrote:By the same logic, I guess that Vijay Mallya built up Force India to an almost winning team in 2009? :lol:
And which GPs did VJ win as a driver? Almost winning is easy compared to doing the real thing.

Steven
Owner

xpensive wrote:By the same logic, I guess that Vijay Mallya built up Force India to an almost winning team in 2009? :lol:
Berger was also a BMW Motorsport director jointly with Mario Theissen for about 3 years. I think that gives him enough credibility as a manager in f1 circles.

xpensive
xpensive

You mean during the time when BMW supplied engines to the Williams team? I agree, that job must have been a handful.

Professor
Professor

ISLAMATRON

Berger >>>>> Flav

WhiteBlue

ISLAMATRON wrote:Berger >>>>> Flav
Briatore is out of the game and I hope that status will continue forever. His next role should be a posthumous donor of a charitable foundation for young people who were involved in traffic accidents.