Bernie doesn't expect Campos or USF1 to race

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ted68

Bernie doesn't expect Campos or USF1 to race

Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

zgred

Re: Bernie doesn't expect Campos or USF1 to race

US F1 rejects doubts it will not make 2010 grid
espnf1.com wrote: US F1 boss Peter Windsor has rejected Bernie Ecclestone's claims that his team will not be on the grid in 2010.
(...)
"I'm surprised Bernie said that. We will be there. We're in good shape," he said. "Everything is going well and we are looking forward to the year. We've just finished the chassis and are now in the hands of [engine suppliers] Cosworth."

US F1 has paid its US$440,000 entry fee, but is the only team not to announce either of its drivers for 2010.

"We are trying to find the best drivers we can; there's no rush," said Windsor. "We have no date [for car completion]. However, there will be a moment when we announce the drivers at the factory; and that will be some time towards late January."

WhiteBlue

It wasn't unusual for Minardi or other small teams to announce drivers in January. We also had teams show up in no tests and make the grid in Melbourne or where ever the race was quite often.

I believe that Bernie's comments are more motivated by an interest to keep some of the teams going that missed the boat by small margins. STG Team and Lola come to mind. Any PR in the off season is better and any dollar spend is better than no PR and no dollars spent.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Shrek

Again Bernie doesn't realy like the Americas
Spencer

mx_tifoso

Shrek wrote:Again Bernie doesn't realy like the Americas
How would you explain his doubt about Campos? Do you wish to create another generalization about that too?

Or do you not include their nationality in your statement because everyone must only love the U.S.?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Shrek

I withdraw my generalization; not exactly love but from what i'm hearing is that he (Bernie) doesn't really like the u.s., i don't know maybe i got it wrong
Spencer

CHT
CHT

Shrek wrote:I withdraw my generalization; not exactly love but from what i'm hearing is that he (Bernie) doesn't really like the u.s., i don't know maybe i got it wrong
its probably because no one in US is willing to pay him those insane amount to host F1 in America.

marcush.

Honestly speaking, it seems way off the mark for Bernie Ecclestone to openly doubt the seriousness of two teams .To my mind this is quite a blow to these two in terms of securing further sponsorship for example ,to spread the word of doubt is surely not very nice and surely not helpful.
One could easily find a reason for both teams why Mr.E. is not very supportive of them but to talk them down ? i´d say there must be big issues at least between ecclestones interests and their action /behaviour to justify his recent statements.

xpensive

MrE may be a lot of things, but fool is not one of them. Clearly, he realizes there's very little tangible evidence that USF1 even xists, when a picture of a guy sitting at a computer or a small and empty autoclave doesn't prove very much.

As for Campos, the critizism a little more difficult to understand, when they seem to have a Dallara-car well under way?
Last edited by xpensive on 23 Dec 2009, 10:41, edited 1 time in total.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

marcush.

xpensive wrote:MrE is a lot of thing, but fool is not one of them. Clearly, he realizes there's simply little tangible evidence that USF1 even xists, when a picture of a guy sitting at a compuuter or a small and empty autoclave doesn't prove much.

As for Campos, critizism a little more difficult to understand, when they seem to have a Dallara-car well under way?
one could easily find the reason in Mr.Campos journeying around trying to sell his outfit to third parties in recent times as reported by Stefanovic for example ..

raceman

xpensive wrote:As for Campos, critizism a little more difficult to understand, when they seem to have a Dallara-car well under way?
more to it, their Dallara-built chassis was homologated by the FIA some days ago; so MrE's comments about them are confusing..... things happening in the background??

WhiteBlue

CHT wrote:
Shrek wrote:I withdraw my generalization; not exactly love but from what i'm hearing is that he (Bernie) doesn't really like the u.s., i don't know maybe i got it wrong
its probably because no one in US is willing to pay him those insane amount to host F1 in America.
While all other sources of F1 revenue fell in 2009, hosting fees again went up by a double digit percentage (due to insane money payed by Abu Dhabi mainly). Hosting fees and ticket prices will not come down to US level until 2013 earliest when F1 will enter a new Concord (perhaps). If FOTA keeps together they have an excellent chance to curb FOM's worst excesses. They will be out to cut a piece of meat out of CVC's chunk. Only at that time we will not know how many teams will be pushing for a US GP.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Pandamasque

raceman wrote:
xpensive wrote:As for Campos, critizism a little more difficult to understand, when they seem to have a Dallara-car well under way?
more to it, their Dallara-built chassis was homologated by the FIA some days ago; so MrE's comments about them are confusing..... things happening in the background??
I read something about Spanish press (incl. Lobato) being very worried about funding of the team.

Raptor22

marcush. wrote:Honestly speaking, it seems way off the mark for Bernie Ecclestone to openly doubt the seriousness of two teams .To my mind this is quite a blow to these two in terms of securing further sponsorship for example ,to spread the word of doubt is surely not very nice and surely not helpful.
One could easily find a reason for both teams why Mr.E. is not very supportive of them but to talk them down ? i´d say there must be big issues at least between ecclestones interests and their action /behaviour to justify his recent statements.

I agree, his behaviour is totally uncalled for. word in the paddock is that he is tring to put pressure on them to sign drivers since we still have a few sitting on the sidelines. And these have personal endorsement / sponsorships that bring in money.

I would nt expect better behaviour from a used car salesman.

WhiteBlue

Raptor22 wrote: word in the paddock is that he is tring to put pressure on them to sign drivers since we still have a few sitting on the sidelines. And these have personal endorsement / sponsorships that bring in money.
I'm curious what paddock is in operation the day before Xmas? :wink: