Force India 2010

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
pipex

Force India 2010

Because there is no thread about Force India as far as i know, i decided to create a new one to put a news item i found in the web.

Beginning with the 2010 season, Force India has made a deal with Tata CRL to increment their computing power, bringing a 200% increase in their CFD capabilities. It is hoped that at the end of 2010 the increment of the total capability should rise to an 800%.

Link here: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 401413.cms
"We will have to wait and see".

Fil

Re: Force India 2010

Not sure how much they can improve on '09. They have continuity on their side with Mercedes and both drivers at the very least.

The loss of Simon Roberts back to McLaren is a real shame. He seems to have received universal acclaim from the team in '09.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

raceman

Fil wrote:The loss of Simon Roberts back to McLaren is a real shame. He seems to have received universal acclaim from the team in '09.
quite true!

multisync

I hear that according to wind tunnel data the new car is 1 1/2 seconds up on last years..??

multisync

Car had a shake down yesterday across the road and is currently in bits for checking before being reassembled and shipped out for some real track time

Looking good so far..fingers crossed

mx_tifoso

multisync wrote:I hear that according to wind tunnel data the new car is 1 1/2 seconds up on last years..??
That's not bad, although the top teams would be 2 seconds quicker than last year if what you say is true.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

multisync

mx_tifosi wrote:
multisync wrote:I hear that according to wind tunnel data the new car is 1 1/2 seconds up on last years..??
That's not bad, although the top teams would be 2 seconds quicker than last year if what you say is true.
That's almost like saying the top teams can't make a bad car.. :shock:

mx_tifoso

They absolutely can, but it's improbable that they will go from the top to the bottom from one season to another. Or vice versa.

multisync

mx_tifosi wrote:They absolutely can, but it's improbable that they will go from the top to the bottom from one season to another. Or vice versa.
Maclaren ?

mx_tifoso

When? Recently?

They didn't really go all the way back to FI and STR levels, and it was only for the first few races that they did badly. Neither did Ferrari go all the way back, although they kind of did but it was because of their replacements for Massa.
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 05 Feb 2010, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.

sticky667

mx_tifosi wrote:When? Recently?
did you watch 2009?? maybe you missed it..

cba_

mx_tifosi wrote:They absolutely can, but it's improbable that they will go from the top to the bottom from one season to another. Or vice versa.
Did you just miss the last season? #-o

mx_tifoso

McLaren got 3rd place in the CC. Is that back of the grid?

Anyways, what I said wasn't absolute.

mx_tifoso

:lol: I just realized the Honda/BrawnGP shakeup of the grid. I wasn't even considering the back to the front scenario.

Why didn't anyone say anything? #-o

mach11

i feel that formula1 is about experience and now its the third year for force india.... with data collected from the past 2 years i feel the car developed will be much more competetive than the previous ones....

but then only march 13th will reveal who has done their home work and who has not....

i feel Redbull will be the best car this season....