Poll: 2010 Formula1 Constructor Odds

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Who will win the 2010 Constructor Championship

McLaren
30%
Mercedes
22%
Red Bull
17%
Ferrari
26%
Williams
No votes
Renault
4%
Force India
No votes
Toro Rosso
No votes
BMW Sauber
No votes
Lotus
No votes

Total votes: 23

WhiteBlue

Poll: 2010 Formula1 Constructor Odds

sknguy wrote:I couldn't bring myself to vote because I haven't seen the cars yet. But I do think that the odds are far too spread out. All things (cars) being equal, it would be a very close title championship with a lot of dark-horses and spoilers. There should be a companion poll for the constructors.

These are the teams and constructors according to wikipedia. Unfortunately a poll cannot have more than 10 options. Since BMW Sauber is not a new team in reality I have pulled them up and cut the list at 10 entrants.

If betting odds become available later in the year I may add those as well.

I believe that Mercedes will fight for the honors and I believe they can make it to 2010 WCC.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 22 Jan 2010, 02:17, edited 2 times in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

PNSD
PNSD

Re: Poll: 2010 Constructor Odds

Mclaren have got the strongest and most proven lineup along with Ferrari. Whoever wins will depend on the car but my feeling is that Lewis = Alonso, but Button > Massa. So I tend towards Mclaren.

audifan
audifan

Re: Poll: 2010 Formula1 Constructor Odds

can't see big mac making a shambles of the car 2 years in a row , best driver line up , sight unseen they have to be favourites

tarzoon

audifan wrote:can't see big mac making a shambles of the car 2 years in a row , best driver line up , sight unseen they have to be favourites
Fuel consumption is an alleged achiles heel for Ferrari, and considering the rule change, it becomes even more significant.

If Red Bull has another well designed car, their odds will be good.

djones
djones

I'm not expecting much for McLaren to be fair.

Sure they did ok for the back end of the season but how much of that was the very good KERS they were running?

They no longer have that.

I would love to know how many places that system gained/kept them.

djones
djones

In fact I have just been thinking about it and I can't see how its not going to be Mercedes as the one to beat.

Everything is in their favor ranging from the engine to the people in the team.

ISLAMATRON

hmmm, I seem to remember Red Bull being the dominent team at the last half of the season last year. They have the formula down, everybody else is playing catchup. The car makes the driver, the driver does not make the car... look at McLaren(early) and Renault(all year) in '09 for proof of that.

djones
djones

I thought Brawn scored more points that Red Bull in the last 5 or so races?

WhiteBlue

I think that the engine situation may handicap Ferrari and I don't think that Aldo Costa is a great man. The other three top teams I see with equal chances to build a superior car. Red Bull have Newey, Mercedes have Brawn and McLaren has a matrix organization that has a track record of building WCC cars. So all that is left there is personal preference for me. -> Mercedes
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)