manufacturing of a f1 car

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mach11

manufacturing of a f1 car

hi everyone,

i really am interested in learning how a formula 1 car is manufactured right from the most basic steps like cockpit dimensions to assembly of the engine, body panels, electronics etc.... so are there any websites or documentries or books that give a detailed report on the most basic steps of how a formula 1 car is manufactured...

thanks in advance...

WhiteBlue

Re: manufacturing of a f1 car

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.ns ... 0CLEAN.pdf

read this first and you have the foundation for every 2010 F1 car.

The technical section of this site is also a great resource.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

mach11

Re: manufacturing of a f1 car

the above link gives the official rule book for the 2010 car....

i belive the car will be used by both the race drivers as well as the test driver and they are not of the same height.... their postures will differ... and this will influence the pedal assmebly too... which ultimately will lead to the car's complete monocoque redesigned...

i would like to know how the cockpit and driver positions are determined????
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi