Forget who you think will win. Who do you want to win.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
roost89
roost89

Re: Forget who you think will win. Who do you want to win.

Webber for the title. Williams for constructors. That's what I want.

I also want Rosberg to beat Schumy. Alonso to beat Massa and Paul di Resta to drive in a race!
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

hasalard
hasalard

Here is my wish list;

1)Ferrari for constructors and Alonso for the title.(Sorry Massa but Ferrari needs to unite around a leader for success)
2)Schumi to win a race.(I don't want see my idol in failure)
3)A competitive Williams.
4)Button to beat Hamilton (At least in some races)

gridwalker
gridwalker

Vettel for the number one slot. He should be harried all the way by Lewis all the way, trying but failing in a fast but difficult car.

I want Massa to stomp all over Alonso, Rosberg to come out fighting and make Schumi look human, Button to be taken off of his high horse with a thorough whuppin', Williams to lead the cosworth charge and for the Sheffield contingent to show that Virgins from the Manor really go once they're started ... ;)
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Rob W

I'd also like to see Williams have some success this year. And it could happen if the Cosworth is solid right from the get-go.

As much as Williams improved last year pace-wise they really missed out on the results I thought they'd be able to achieve.

Mr Alcatraz

Fred, Felipe, Mike, in that order
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

WhiteBlue

My dream result would be a four way fight between Vettel, Schumi Hamilton and Alonso or Massa to the wire. Final honors to be taken by the Merc or Red Bull man, which one I don't care. Alonso to fall down with the Spagetti culture when Ferrari can't find his tyres and mess up wet race tyre calls. He could make my day by turning on Ferrari and seeing Massa take the spear head over from him. Hamilton to fall victim of the usual arrogance of the Woking men by not getting support from Button in time. I wish USF1 would bring in some points and lead a wet and wacky race for some laps. Sauber I would like to see right behind the big four and Timo Glock I would love to have a podium, making the point that F1 can work on low budgets and intelligent use of scientific methods.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Hmm, take logic and experience and put them on the shelf and instead become only emotional? OK, let's see.

How about one nice guy, the old man who still may have a shot. There's no reason why Williams can have a great year, and there's no reason why Reubens Barrichello can't win the WDC. It sure would be cool.

Or how about Mark Webber? If that ever happened, the UN might have to declare Australia a disaster zone after that celebration. And I'd love to be at that party.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

megz

At Ferrari I don't really care, Massa is a nice guy, Alonso is almost certainly the better driver.

At Mercedes I want to see Rosberg do well because he has the talent but I want Schumacher to win to prove some of his critics wrong.

At McLaren I want to see Button get absolutely schooled by Hamilton so he gets completely shitcanned from the media who were worshiping him last year.

At Red Bull I want to see Vettel to win but Webber to challenge him the whole way.

After this top 4 I reall don't care what happens they could probably all just drive in circles with paintball guns.

Not sure what I want to see at the end of the year... Kimi is gone so I've lost my favourite driver to root for. Next fave would be Vettel I suppose.

Fil

Kubica from Webber from Alonso from Barrichello.

Couldn't care less about the teams tbh, but a successful season for Williams & Sauber would be good for their longer-term health in the sport.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Pandamasque

Nobody's rooting for the new teams it seems. :)

For some reason I want Sauber do give others a proper spanking. Also Button, Webber and Massa to beat their respective team mates, just because nobody believes they will or can.

Fil

Pandamasque wrote:For some reason I want Sauber do give others a proper spanking.
You know, you're right. I have a little soft spot for them due to how BMW left F1 & treated the team.
And like Brawn winning the championships 1yr after Honda prematurely fled, it'd be great to stick it up BMW's board and prove their decision premature too!

Only problem is.. Pedro or Kobayashi as WDC..? hmm not keen on that! maybe just solid podiums for the team then! 8)
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

gibells
gibells

I want Rosberg to take a couple of wins and Schumi to take none. I want Massa on 3 wins and Alonso on 1. I want Vettel with 3, Button 2, but Hami with 4 and the title all the way home.

And I want Redbull to win the Constructors Title. How many would that give Newey?

tinhouse
tinhouse

Surely now that Ralph is back in the frame the vote can only go one way ... Actually it would be interesting if he did it, purely to see my friend Tim prove that it is medically possible to cough up your own pelvis.

Seriouslyn though, the real dream for me would be a race-on-race exchange of championship lead between Button and Massa. If the season came down to the wire between those two I don't think I'd mind who won.

I can dream can't I ..

mach11
mach11

me being a schumi fan... i would love to see him win another title and prove his critics wrong...

but then lets just assume schumi would struggle... (its been 3 years since he raced and even before his retirement he did stuggle during the 05 and 06 season...lets blame the car for that)....

then i would say.. vettle and redbull will be on top... they will carry on their momentum which they had previously...

the surprise package for me would be force india... i feel they did manage to get all their updates at right times last season and with no driver changes... the team is much stronger than what they were a few years back....

i feel the mclaren team will struggle at the end of the season as the race for the title heats up... they will fight it out with ferrari and williams...

w.r.t other teams... the best new team would be lotus....

sknguy
sknguy

As much as I appreciate and respect his technical skills, if Shumi is competative he's liable to do some goofy track antics. I'd like to see Hamilton win. Then, during a late season FIA post-race interview, break down and admit the he's (she's) having a sexchange and thereby becoming the first female to win the WDC.

But really folks... I'm a bit sentimental for a chance for Massa to win, with Ferrari losing to Mercedes in the WCC. But in the same breath I'd like to see Vettel and Red Bull take both the WDC and WCC. Either of these later scenarios would work for me.