F1 circuit idea

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild

F1 circuit idea

This was sleeping on my HDD for two years or so. When the rumors about Russian GP started, I've made this quick model of unique F1 circuit. Even named it - "Silhouette". Nothing fancy, just basic shapes to get the idea. Some 30 different configurations, including oval. There was a rumor that it must be fitted on very small piece of land, that's why it is so short, and with paddock in the middle.

Confused_Andy

Re: F1 circuit idea

Donuts on the helipads?

Looks like one massssssive straight.

ISLAMATRON

looks like an airport cicuit... like the old cleveland CART race... I miss that race alot... I love airport circuits, maybe because I learned to race on 1

nice job Manchild, keep those cool ideas/pics coming

Pandamasque

manchild, can you add more hills to your СИЛУЭТ? How about 3D sidepods to make a Portimao-like main straight?
ISLAMATRON wrote:looks like an airport cicuit... I miss that race alot...
It does. I don't miss that. They're the worst type of circuit possible. Good only because it's a cheap way.

ISLAMATRON

Ever race on one? They are allways fantastic... except for the bumps

Chazmando

nice.... but where?!
Kimi Raikkonen"Yes yes yes yes. Just leave me alone, I know what I'm doing

Journalist"What happened at the end of the session?
Kimi "I span."
CLASSIC KIMI

archi.moumouh1

good idea but the fia does not have a straight line over 2 km .

Manoah2u

i like it, needs some elevation to the top on the super long straight, and you could fix the 'too long' straight by keeping the pitlane on the straight, but having to direct the racetrack through the other side of the pit building, even though i think that would create logistic problems.

I'd actually welcome a long straight where cars would be able to go full potential but i don't know how the fia would cope with the possibile dangers involved when a crash could occur.

Apart from the fact it would never really happen, i do really enjoy the creativity in this. It's different, and that's what i like.
Come to think of it, would be interesting to see some good-rendered fantasy tracks instead of the Major Boring Tilke tracks.
Circuit Of The Americas looked like it was interesting, but to be honest, that might just have been because it was new and back to the States, because COTA was imho the most BORING race of the entire year and i just couldn't be bothered with the track.

We need somebody who creates an EXCITING, daring track, that'll ask the most out of the driver and give them a run for their capabilities. After that, they should 'adapt' or investigate such a design where they can improve track safety, and first
without altering the track structure or endless runoffs. I'm sure over dozens of years of F1 there is a possibility for more advanced speed-reducing barriers instead of the gravel pits for example.

I think it would be a good excersize to do technological research for high-tech safety 'nets' at F1 tracks [and LM, etc].

If you can make a new hightech graveltrap instead of needing 2 miles of runoff area, you can bring excitement back.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"