Alonso 2010 Champion?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
joeyg02

Alonso 2010 Champion?

I'm just curious as to how many people think alonso will win the World Championship this year after the last few horrible years. I've been a fan since he was in the Minardi, and the talent he has is amazing.
I feel now that he has a car that matches the quality of his driving championship #3 will happen in 2010, Schumacher look out, that 7 time championship record might not last too long lol.

Joeyg02
Drafting & Design Engineer - I crave information & live in a never ending quest for answers to whatever piques my curiosity.

Joey Griffin - Owner - JG GraphX.
Lifelong Motorsport Fan from Southern Georgia, United States.

ISLAMATRON

Re: Alonso 2010 Champion?

Only if Massa intentionally crashes to help him win.

Only if Massa intentionally crashes to help him win.
:lol: =D>

roost89

sure, I can see him getting it if he has the right car.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Giblet

heheh. I lol'd.

If it wasn't for his legitimate win after that I would agree totally.

Massa is going to own a few tracks over Alonso, like Turkey I think, and as much as I like Massa, Alonso seems to have an edge already.

Joey, please allow me to refer you this thread:

The "Fanboy Ying Yang Thread"

This is where we throw our opinions of drivers at the wall and hope they stick. The thread was created for these non technical driver uppity discussions, even though it's Yin Yang, don't let that stop you.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

joeyg02

lol, aight i appreciate the link, im new to this forum
Drafting & Design Engineer - I crave information & live in a never ending quest for answers to whatever piques my curiosity.

joeyg02

ISLAMATRON wrote:Only if Massa intentionally crashes to help him win.

Was there any proof that alonso knew about the piquet situation happening, until after the fact, now was there? From what i've heard it was all briatore & piquet :lol:

ISLAMATRON

Giblet wrote:heheh. I lol'd.

ENTER THE 36 CHAMBERS OF YING YANG!!!!!

That was no ligitimate win, The McLarens & the Ferrari(drivers) were too busy playing bumper F1 to remember that the Grand Prix of Japan was going on... Alonso just happened to be the Lucky winner of the who wants to get a lucky win sweepstakes that year... he joined Panis(Monaco 1996), Fisi(Brazil 2003), MS(USGP 2005), JB(Hungary 2006), Kubica(Canada 2008)

joeyg02

ok im not gonna argue with you, numbers don't lie,, we'll see how you feel about alonso in a few months when he's leading the points mid season

ISLAMATRON

like he has the last 2 seasons right? Exactly :wink:

Your ying is too small to compete with my Huge Yang

Confused_Andy

Yay I love fanboy threads!

joeyg02

Winning a race in the last 2 years renault (which he did twice) is like winning a horse race on foot, i'll bet my right nut alonso has more wins this year than any other driver. He would have won the championship with McLaren in 07 if it wasn't for Ron Dennis and Hamilton being butt-buddies

Giblet

ISLAMATRON wrote:
Giblet wrote:heheh. I lol'd.

ENTER THE 36 CHAMBERS OF YING YANG!!!!!

That was no ligitimate win, The McLarens & the Ferrari(drivers) were too busy playing bumper F1 to remember that the Grand Prix of Japan was going on... Alonso just happened to be the Lucky winner of the who wants to get a lucky win sweepstakes that year... he joined Panis(Monaco 1996), Fisi(Brazil 2003), MS(USGP 2005), JB(Hungary 2006), Kubica(Canada 2008)
Other than THE BOSS he had routinely and thoroughly been quicker than his teammates. This is proof of how lucky he is and that he is not a good driver, cementing what you like to say about him.

Any race you win, regardless of circumstances, that stands on the books, is a legit win.

You can dislike the means to get it, but he was there in case someone f'd up.

He made his own luck.

@ISLAMATRON - An aside, I don't know I thought you were in Winnipeg for a stint... I must have got you confused with a Popsicle.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

joeyg02

Regardless of any comments you want to make, luck is one thing, but he wouldn't even be in an F1 seat if he wasn't one of the world's greatest drivers.

Giblet

joeyg02 wrote:Regardless of any comments you want to make, luck is one thing, but he wouldn't even be in an F1 seat if he wasn't one of the world's greatest drivers.

Sorry my sarcasm lock key is broken, and my last post reflects this.