Alonso 2010 Champion?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
joeyg02

Re: Alonso 2010 Champion?

OK

I wasn't trying to start a battle, this was just my opinion, and i wanted to see how others felt about it. Your right, as far as we know, maranello will burn to the ground and ferrari wont even get a car on the track this year lol, i'm 23 and i've watched f1 as long as i can remember. I knew when alonso drove for minardi that if he ever got with a decent team, he would be the next schumi.

Now as far as talent goes, yes he has talent, but hell even if your sitting in as a reserve for force india, etc., your a great driver or you wouldn't be there. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, i just feel that there is a very strong chance alonso will get the title.
Drafting & Design Engineer - I crave information & live in a never ending quest for answers to whatever piques my curiosity.

Joey Griffin - Owner - JG GraphX.
Lifelong Motorsport Fan from Southern Georgia, United States.

PlatinumZealot

joeyg02
Alonso 2010 Champion?
Go and beg the Boss forgiveness while you still have your testicles!

How can Alonso win when he was BLOWN AWAY by a Rookie in the same machine?

A MERE ROOKIE!!!!
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

joeyg02

we shall see :)
Drafting & Design Engineer - I crave information & live in a never ending quest for answers to whatever piques my curiosity.

WhiteBlue

joeyg02 wrote:... i just feel that there is a very strong chance alonso will get the title.
That is obvious as the betting community all over the world gives him lowest odds. You could have said so and we would have agreed with you.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Sambo

joeyg02 wrote:OK

I wasn't trying to start a battle, this was just my opinion, and i wanted to see how others felt about it. Your right, as far as we know, maranello will burn to the ground and ferrari wont even get a car on the track this year lol, i'm 23 and i've watched f1 as long as i can remember. I knew when alonso drove for minardi that if he ever got with a decent team, he would be the next schumi.

Now as far as talent goes, yes he has talent, but hell even if your sitting in as a reserve for force india, etc., your a great driver or you wouldn't be there. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, i just feel that there is a very strong chance alonso will get the title.

You may not of ment to start a battle, but by calling other users idiots and dumbasses didnt really help your situation.

I do have my own drivers/teams that I would like to see win the championship but thats merely based on my preference to them and not their current competitiveness. Any prediction at the moment i think will be too early until we see all the 2010 cars and how truely competitive they are at Bahrain......Whatever happens I think we're due one hell of a season and I definatly cannot wait :D :D :D

ringo

@ Joey2go, Gambling is a dangerous thing, :lol: there is no tangible evidence to indicate, so far, Alonso has anymore of a chance than Massa or any of the other drivers.

2010 wont be as easy for him as 2005 and 2006; i think we all can agree on that.
Alonso would surprise me if he manages to do the impossible and beat the same man he lost to in an equal car. Alonso couldn't manage larva stage Lewis, how much so will he manage the a fully metamorphosed BOSS ? :mrgreen:

I can't blame you still. In the same way you think we are going to see a fully unleashed Alonso, others are thinking the same about the beasts that are Shumacher and Hamilton.

2010 will be very revealing, :wink:
For Sure!!

audifan
audifan

well , I hadn't seen the frank williams quote until ~it appeared in this thread , but that has little to do with the odds offered to the punters on various drivers , even though frank clearly knows more about racing drivers than the rest of us put together !

the fact of the matter is that the odds offered reflect the bookies assesment of the amount of money bet on them , and that has a large emotional element in it , in other words wishful thinking

so i think you will find that the shortest oddds on alonso emanate from spain , schu from germany , hamilton the uk etc ; a perfect 'book' will see the bookmaker win the same amount no matter who they pay out on , except when a long odds outsider wins when they make a killing as the odds are never as long as the sums bet , which is why they love outsiders winning ....button must have been a gift to them

WhiteBlue

The world odds mix the books from the UK, Germany and Spain to one average set of decimal odds. And bookmakers just offer the odds in proportion to what people bet on the drivers with an arbitrage for the house. Thus you can say that the world odds represent the collective wisdom of the people who put money on drivers. My view is that this is certainly going to be more accurate than the single or collective wisdom of the forumers here. But thats only my two cents.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

PlatinumZealot

Oh yes, if anybody doesn't know by now, Lewis is Frank William's favourite driver 8)

You see, even wily Old Frank knows who is going to win in 2010:
Who is your favourite driver?
Currently? Lewis Hamilton

Who will win the drivers' championship in 2010?
It's too difficult to call as we haven't seen the new cars. If I were to have a stab in the dark? Lewis
http://en.espnf1.com/williams/motorspor ... /3845.html
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

andartop
andartop

n smikle wrote:Oh yes, if anybody doesn't know by now, Lewis is Frank William's favourite driver 8)

It's too difficult to call as we haven't seen the new cars. If I were to have a stab in the dark? Lewis
If anything, this shows how much faith Old Frank has in his own team, car and drivers... :lol:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Giblet
Giblet

Joeyg02

Glad you came back to stick your feet back in the fire.

You need to have tough skin sometimes to get in the thick of things here, but when you sift through all the matter here, you find very quickly that there is a lot of substance in the mire.

Problem is most of us have been where you just were, and sifting for ages.

I got so fed up with only having conjecture I started reading Racecar Engineering and Racetech magazines just so I was not an opinionated buffoon. I still am one, but now I am a slightly informed opinionated buffoon.
Before I do anything I ask myself β€œWould an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ISLAMATRON

n smikle wrote:Oh yes, if anybody doesn't know by now, Lewis is Frank William's favourite driver 8)

Frank must be getting old and senile because Lewis makes plenty of mistakes(refferring to your sig)... but when he doesnt he sure is spectacular. No doubt he makes so many mistakes because he pushes so damned hard all the time.

joeyg02

Sambo wrote:
joeyg02 wrote:OK

You may not of ment to start a battle, but by calling other users idiots and dumbasses didnt really help your situation.

I do have my own drivers/teams that I would like to see win the championship but thats merely based on my preference to them and not their current competitiveness. Any prediction at the moment i think will be too early until we see all the 2010 cars and how truely competitive they are at Bahrain......Whatever happens I think we're due one hell of a season and I definatly cannot wait :D :D :D

Maybe my choice of words wasn't perfect, but i just felt i had to point out the error he made, while trying to make me look like i contradicted myself

ISLAMATRON

joeyg02 wrote:Maybe my choice of words wasn't perfect, but i just felt i had to point out the error he made, while trying to make me look like i contradicted myself

You clearly contradicted yourself and than quickly backtracked and then used foul language to try and cover it up... nothing new, we are well aquainted with fanboys here

joeyg02

how did i contradict myself? I said he would probably win the most races, and possibly the championship, since mr. ecclestone's medals rule didn't go into affect then how does winning the most races automatically win you the championship?????