Alonso 2010 Champion?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ISLAMATRON

Re: Alonso 2010 Champion?

joeyg02 wrote:how did i contradict myself? I said he would probably win the most races, and possibly the championship, since mr. ecclestone's medals rule didn't go into affect then how does winning the most races automatically win you the championship?????
If you are willing to bet your right nut(everyone knows the left one is dominant one anyway) on a "probably" I clearly see that I am not dealing with a sane or rational man... Since you are forgetful let me remind you of your own claims
joeyg02 wrote:I'm just curious as to how many people think alonso will win the World Championship this year after the last few horrible years. I've been a fan since he was in the Minardi, and the talent he has is amazing.
I feel now that he has a car that matches the quality of his driving championship #3 will happen in 2010, Schumacher look out, that 7 time championship record might not last too long lol.

Joeyg02
"Will happen in 2010" and "probably/possibly" are contradictory statements... Yes I know most wins is not the current championship clincher(although it damned well should be... Senna 4 straight WDC's!!!!) but that was some icing you were just putting on top of ferdie's 2010 WDC cake... you know the same cake every fanboy is baking after the first test.

mike
mike

oh fredie will win....with all the world going against him, and as usual and santandar will buy him into red bull or mercedes or whoever just had a bad season and are willing to build the car for next year during the season

oh did i mention whoever gets fredie gets his sidekicks fisi and piquet as well?

Ciro Pabón

I was going to move this whole thread to our world famous "Fanboy Ying Yang Thread", but on a second thought, sorry guys, this thread is going nowhere.

As I've said one thousand times, there are plenty of forums devoted to discuss the relative, subjective merits of drivers and manufacturers: many of the posts I read in this thread belong to them. I apologize if I'm being unjust, but here you have the summary of what I read here:

-"Alonso is great"
-"No, he's not"
-"Yes, he is"
-"No, he's not and you're an idiot"
-"Yes, he is and you're a moron"

To post here you have to work a little more.

Give us hard data on Alonso, ponder about some statistics, collect a few numbers and let the rest of the forum reach their collective conclusions about the merit of a driver: simply insisting on XXXX driver to be the best because in 1848 he won 3 steam locomotive races uncontested is... well, use the adjective you wish, I'm still yawning.

I wish to welcome the new people.

I also want them to learn something (including some old members, please!): when you switch to insult people, no matter how lightly, you will have to read a 5 km long sarcastic PM by me. You can insult a driver, a mechanic, a promoter, an owner if you wish (btw, how original and smart is this kind of attitude!) but not a member; I don't know why some "rational people" find so hard to understand this very simple concept.
Ciro