Nick Fry out of Merc

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
vall

Nick Fry out of Merc

I juts read a report that N. Fry has resigned from Merc + all of the BGP management. Only Ros Brawn has remind.

http://pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news ... t_id=39949

Giblet

Re: Nick Fry out of Merc

Hmm... maybe everyone else has also realized that just because he was involved in the amazing BrawnGP story, doesn't mean anyone forgot what a tool he has been prior to RB making things happen.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

raceman

:shock:

slowly slowly, Mercedes gaining full and exclusive control of ex-Brawn team..... :?:

axle

About time too.

As for merc taking control slowly, why would they need anything more than a hand over period? Merc and Aabar own 75% with Ross retaining 25% (down from 54%).

Management seldom stay after a takeover.
- Axle

xpensive

Perhaps Nick's Shampoo-deal was a little too much for the suits, but he can try for a job with Prodrive next year?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Fil

Nah more likely a job at the FIA.. isn't that where all the bumbling ex-F1 personnel end up?

He'll probably be head of a FIA advertising & marketing workgroup.. :lol:
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

ElRebelde

Jumping the gun a bit aren't they?

Nick Fry is no longer a shareholder = he is no longer employed by the team?

For a man who in theory left as soon as Mercedes bought into the team last year, he was rather visible at the team's launch.

xpensive

Fil wrote:Nah more likely a job at the FIA.. isn't that where all the bumbling ex-F1 personnel end up?

He'll probably be head of a FIA advertising & marketing workgroup.. :lol:
More like Director of due diligence and screening perhaps?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

axle

ElRebelde wrote:Jumping the gun a bit aren't they?

For a man who in theory left as soon as Mercedes bought into the team last year, he was rather visible at the team's launch.
The article says he's resigned according to filed company documents.
- Axle

raceman

Fil wrote:Nah more likely a job at the FIA.. isn't that where all the bumbling ex-F1 personnel end up?

yeh, rite

and they end up rubber-stamping bizarre and out-of-the-world regulations for F1 to "punish" the team for that they were treated like and end up spoiling the whole show :wtf:

isn't it??

gibells

Damn, and we didn't even have to sign a petition! I couldn't see him lasting after the cock-up with the wash'n'go. Mercedes do have some sense after all.

myurr

axle wrote:

Resigned as a director, not necessarily as an employee.

axle

Why would he hang around?

He's banked £14m....might as well go have some fun and see if he can get the top job somewhere else...I doubt he'd really want to stick around after resigning from the board!!
- Axle

Mr Alcatraz

axle wrote:

Then there is the reality of the situation:
http://www.formula1blog.com/2010/02/16/ ... sseiny-in/
Nick Fry and four other directors at the former Brawn GP have left the new Mercedes GP to make way for new team members from Daimler and Aabar Investments, the two companies who bought out the championship-winning Brawn GP team during the off season. According to a list of documents filed on February 5 through Companies House, which is “an Executive Agency of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS)” of the government, wherein all companies in the UK must be registered, Fry, Gordon Blair, Nigel Kerr, Caroline McGrory, and John Marsden were all “terminated” (the legal term, as no word is yet available on the circumstances of the change) as directors for the UK-based company and Mohamed Badawy Al-Husseiny, Norbert Haug, Dr. Joachim Schmidt, Dr. Thomas Weber, and David John Forbes were appointed in their stead.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

JohnsonEvilTwin

Can anyone shed some light on his "wash n go" debacle?
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." Adams