2011 Ferrari - Alonso, and?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lebesset
lebesset

Re: 2011 Ferrari - Alonso, and?

as they say where I come from...nice one !
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Massa's contract expires end of 2010, and it was assumed by many it would be renewed. But his terrible accident at Hungary suddenly put to question whether he would be able to recover to his past level of ability. So Ferrari held off, just to wait and see how much he recovered. Of course, after three races it is obvious he is still as capable as ever, and now Ferrari are going to re-sign him for another three years.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

antsyd
antsyd

Mark Webber to Ferrari in 2011

raymondu999

He'd be a great number 2 I guess :P And he'll love that Chris Dyer is there.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

raymondu999 wrote:He'd be a great number 2 I guess :P And he'll love that Chris Dyer is there.
And he'd be a good interim driver until Fred retires and "the boss" slides in 8)
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

raymondu999

Honestly, I doubt that Hamilton will ever go to Ferrari. He doesn't strike me (at all) as the Ferrari type.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

raymondu999 wrote:Honestly, I doubt that Hamilton will ever go to Ferrari. He doesn't strike me (at all) as the Ferrari type.
I'm not sure what a Ferrari type is. As far as I can tell a Ferrari type is either very fast,
or someone who will be a dutiful #2.
And they have a knack $$$$$ for getting the ones they really want!
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

raymondu999

besides, he's also said before that he never wanted to drive for Ferrari. Just for McLaren.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

After 2 more WDC, hamilton may leave i think.
He would fit in at ferrari. His passion and drive is inline with the team's.

Kubica is looking like next year's ferrari driver though. That may leave renault in a vacuum, but if anything Heidfeld can go to renault with Petrov.

Webber now, where did that one come from? He could play a good but feisty #2 to Alonso. Webber doesn't play around, so alonso can't take certain liberties with him like he did Massa in China.
For Sure!!

raymondu999

Now it's Webber to ferrari? whoa
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

donskar
donskar

FWIW, Speed TV said during last week's broadcast that Ferrari had signed a "conditional" contract with Kubica. Yes, there is an emotional link to Massa, and a strong one, but Ferrari may realize that he has no "upside" -- that he will not get any better than he is now. Kubica, on the other hand, is very fast and appears able to get even better.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Doesn't Hamilton's contract end in 2012? I think he should get out one year early and go to Ferrari. And to top it all off he should sign the contract without Mclaren knowing, just like Alonso did when he left Renault.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Ted68

mx_tifosi wrote:Doesn't Hamilton's contract end in 2012? I think he should get out one year early and go to Ferrari. And to top it all off he should sign the contract without Mclaren knowing, just like Alonso did when he left Renault.
To be a bit more fair, Renault wasn't committing to staying in F1 when Nando signed with McLaren.
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

Pandamasque

This thread should be renamed to "Another driver to Ferrari in 2011". Every day brings a new contradicting rumour :)

donskar
donskar

Assuming Ferrari has any interest in replacing Massa, tomorrow's race may have some bearing on the decision. Alonso is effectively out of the running, so now is an opportunity for Massa to show whether he has what it takes. This race has a bit more weight than usual, because Kubica (one of the drivers rumored to be considered for the spot at Ferrari) is starting just ahead of Massa. Interesting sub-plot.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill