Low Nose and FIA center wing section spec

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
gcdugas

Low Nose and FIA center wing section spec

Might it be best to "go back" to a conventional low nose circa 1991 since the center section of the FIA wing spec is designed to produce no DF? With a low nose all the bad suspension geometry of Zero Keel, the job of splitting the air to the R&L of the driver making things like McLaren's "shovel" necessary, better vision, better aero up the front center section of the car, maybe even a bit of added creature comfort for the drivers who would be reclining less, lower CG and more liberty for steering arms to be aligned with the upper A-arms etc. Even if the cars had to have 1mm clearance "above" the FIA spec'd center section and the bottom of the nose, it could still be designed as if it were fully integrated into the nose section like an IRL car.

I wonder if it also might help handle the side wake caused by the front wheels because you split the air once rather than trying to "reassemble" the air just after the front wheels under the drivers calfs before splitting it R&L towards the sidepods.

Has anyone posted on this topic elsewhere?
Innovation over refinement is the prefered path to performance. -- Get rid of the dopey regs in F1

WhiteBlue

Re: Low Nose and FIA center wing section spec

viewtopic.php?p=158341#p158341

I suggested that the FIA makes it mandatory that drivers can fully see their front wing. In consequence you would have to fit a standardized dummy with camera eyes and check it with the full gear in the driver position. There would hardly be an alternative to much lower noses to achieve the rule.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

wesley123
wesley123

Re: Low Nose and FIA center wing section spec

would be more safer, as you can see where you are etc.

I doubt that for example the STR drivers can see where they are going, the bulges are in their field, they cant even see the tires i guess
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender