Technical F1 games?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raymondu999

Technical F1 games?

Hey all. I've always been interested in the technical and setting-up side of F1. However I only know of F1 Challenge as the game where in it you can set up the car and it will actually affect on track performance. What other games have this feature?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Italiano

Re: Technical F1 games?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6139

If it's an F1 game, ut has an option to change the setup thoroughly..
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

lolzi

I would very much recommend rFactor - it isn't actually an F1 game, but there are mods for every recent F1 season as well as some older seasons. The only problem with it is that it's made to be very "moddable" - so you need find and install F1 tracks and cars, they don't all come as standard. rFactor comes with the '07 BMW, Nurburgring(the new one), Silverstone, Montreal, Barcelona, Monza (called Brianza), and Shanghai (called Jiading). You can get all F1 tracks and cars if you look around for them - you can usually find what you are looking for on rFactorCentral or VirtualR.

Giblet

iracing, which I peddle often, has extensive setups and a centripetal test track.

Only F1 car at this point is the Lotus 79 though.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

raymondu999

a centripetal test track?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

timbo

Giblet wrote:iracing, which I peddle often, has extensive setups and a centripetal test track.

They announced Williams FW31, no?
Any news when it would be ready?

I'm really tempted to go iRacing route, but I'm just not sure when I would have enough free time to play. It would suck if I buy a subscription and would have not time to play.

HVS5b

Try Live For Speed.

They have the Formula BMW and BMW F1 2006 model.

£24 all in! No subscription and arguably the best physics engine out there in sim-racing world.

Giblet

timbo wrote:
Giblet wrote:iracing, which I peddle often, has extensive setups and a centripetal test track.

They announced Williams FW31, no?
Any news when it would be ready?

I'm really tempted to go iRacing route, but I'm just not sure when I would have enough free time to play. It would suck if I buy a subscription and would have not time to play.

Before season 4, and we are in season 3 right now. The seasons are 12 weeks, so there is less than 3 months to go.

Buy a yearly subscription on Black Friday, the big US shopping day. $70 for the year is not too bad.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

freedom_honda

I agree with HVS5b. I have never tried iRacing because it's too expensive so I don't know whether that's better than LFS or not. But beside iRacing, Live For Speed is probably the best racing simulator out there.

sknguy

In F1C your were able to race off-line with AI competitors. The rFactor game improves upon the AI in that it has the ability to "learn" and is much more realistic than it's F1C predecessor. I'm not sure what the quality of the LFS off-line (AI) competitors are like. But from I've read it isn't very good.

So, I think you might want to consider the type of racing you'll be doing. On-line versus off-line. I've never played live for speed but I have done some modding for the rFactor game engine. The physics potential is super, for a game. I do know with rFactor you'd need to know about installing the right add-on mod. I'm sure either would satisfy you greatly.