Which races would you like to win?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raymondu999

Which races would you like to win?

Hey all.

Just a curious question. If you were a grand prix driver, which are the top 3 races you'd like to win? (No freebies!! No top 4 or 5!! 3 is 3!! :mrgreen: ) Also, why?

For me, top of my list (as, I presume, it will be for many) would be Monaco. Definitely. I would love to experience that victory. Spa would be my second choice, with Suzuka a close 3rd. :mrgreen:

Any other takers? :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Byronrhys

Re: Which races would you like to win?

My top three would be ; Melbourne, Spa and Monza.

shamikaze
shamikaze

Spa, Monaco, and the last GP of the season I'm competing in. (to finish on a high :D )

marcush.
marcush.

Suzuka ,SPA and Silverstone

Gary

Spa because it's a proper Grande Épreuve track. Plus its history; all the greats have won there.
Monaco, for the atmosphere and the high level of sustained concentration required.
Silverstone because the heart would swell. (My profile shows I reside in Oz; around Silverstone is where I wuz dragged up.)

All that said, if the Nordschleife were still in use, the list would be different.

gridwalker
gridwalker

1) Spa (my favourite circuit, ever since I was a small boy)
2) Suzuka (another great driver's circuit, plus I am an utter Nipponophile)
3) Singapore (it is currently a unique challenge)
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

nae
nae

tbh i would be delighted to even have a shot in an F1 car
to think of winning a race is well beyond reality for me

what race would i like to win

the human race
..?

Morteza

1. Nürburgring
2. Monaco
3. Spa
4. Singapore(Forgive me adding this but I really like racing at night)
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

all of them...

marcush.
marcush.

Gary wrote:Spa because it's a proper Grande Épreuve track. Plus its history; all the greats have won there.
Monaco, for the atmosphere and the high level of sustained concentration required.
Silverstone because the heart would swell. (My profile shows I reside in Oz; around Silverstone is where I wuz dragged up.)

All that said, if the Nordschleife were still in use, the list would be different.
sorry the Nordschleife is still in use...and Nick Heidfeld drove a F1 car on it not too long ago...
I have to admit from personal experience that F1 and nordschleife is a lot more ridiculous than Monaco.It is so damn quick in places....no thankyou not for me.

Paul

Spa, as it is a circuit I always struggled most on in all sims.
Monaco, because it is Monaco.
Monza, because it is fa-a-a-ast.

gibells
gibells

Silverstone (such a great fast open track with very high speed corners)

Donington (because the great one did)

Interlagos (because it has such a nice rhythm).

gridwalker
gridwalker

marcush. wrote:sorry the Nordschleife is still in use...and Nick Heidfeld drove a F1 car on it not too long ago...
Yeah, but that was hardly at race pace : Nick crawled around most of the lap (by F1's standards anyway!)
gibells wrote:Silverstone (such a great fast open track with very high speed corners)

Donington (because the great one did)

Interlagos (because it has such a nice rhythm).
Wow ... if I'm not mistaken, that is the first proper response without Spa in the list.
Last edited by gridwalker on 23 Sep 2010, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Gary

marcush. wrote:
Gary wrote:Spa because it's a proper Grande Épreuve track. Plus its history; all the greats have won there.

sorry the Nordschleife is still in use...and Nick Heidfeld drove a F1 car on it not too long ago...
I have to admit from personal experience that F1 and nordschleife is a lot more ridiculous than Monaco.It is so damn quick in places....no thankyou not for me.
Oh help me.

Orright.... "if the Nordschleife were still in use for Formula One World Championship races under the auspices of the FIA".

That better? :roll:

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Monaco in the rain, facing the best rainmasters and no retirements for anyone.
Because under those circumstances a win would come about mainly because of driver skill, and the car's qualities would come second. On other tracks, the car could determine the outcome, and a driver would enjoy a win, but be unable to savor the full flavor of victory because the car was the most important factor in the outcome.

And of course, if the Nordschleife was on the list, definitely. I've raced a lot of tracks in my simulators, and that is the only track that leaves me shaking, eyes as wide as saucers, and just jacked up on adrenaline.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.