Time for Hamilton to leave McLaren

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
internetf1fan

Time for Hamilton to leave McLaren

I don't know how Hamilton feels but I personally believe he needs to go to a team that will treat him like Ferrari treats Alonso.

We all know Hamilton likes to take risks while racing, but McLaren seem to put him into positions where he has to take unnecessary risks all the time.

E.g. today when McLaren could have had a easy 3rd, 4th. But decided to pit late and somehow manage to let out of position Webber in front! And then they goad Hamilton into overtaking Webber!

Hamilton, change your team please! I am sick of McLaren treating you like a machine.

raymondu999

Re: Time for Hamilton to leave McLaren

This forum is turning into PF1
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Hamilton is a McLaren product. He ain't/can't go anywhere else.

I honestly can't remeber hearing that any other team would like him in the future. The likes of Alonso, Vettel and Kubica have all openly been on teams wish-lists but I can not recall any team principle saying they want Hamilton.

axle

Not all of it Ray, it's just this berk. Everytime I log on here he's telling us all how x or y should do a or b. Everytime it's cause he's not seeing the big picture etc (not that you can get that point over to him)
raymondu999 wrote:This forum is turning into PF1
- Axle

internetf1fan

andrew wrote:Hamilton is a McLaren product. He ain't/can't go anywhere else.

I honestly can't remeber hearing that any other team would like him in the future. The likes of Alonso, Vettel and Kubica have all openly been on teams wish-lists but I can not recall any team principle saying they want Hamilton.
That's because Hamilton has never expressed any interest in any other teams. You'd be foolish to think that no team would snap him on in an instant if he was available.

I reckon the best team for Hamilton would be Williams.

PlatinumZealot

Frank Williams, Mercedes and I know Ferrari!!! would LOOOOOVE to have him as soon as Alonso is gone.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Giblet

I think this sums it up:

Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

n smikle wrote:

Frank Williams, Mercedes and I know Ferrari!!! would LOOOOOVE to have him as soon as Alonso is gone.
Care to cite a reference incase I have missed this or are you just wishing for this?

raymondu999

I know Williams rates Hamilton very highly, he said something like every 20 years the heavens open and a driver like Hamilton descends. Mercedes and Ferrari? Eh?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

MuseF1

internetf1fan wrote:I don't know how Hamilton feels but I personally believe he needs to go to a team that will treat him like Ferrari treats Alonso.

We all know Hamilton likes to take risks while racing, but McLaren seem to put him into positions where he has to take unnecessary risks all the time.

E.g. today when McLaren could have had a easy 3rd, 4th. But decided to pit late and somehow manage to let out of position Webber in front! And then they goad Hamilton into overtaking Webber!

Hamilton, change your team please! I am sick of McLaren treating you like a machine.
I doubt Hamilton would want to be treated like Alonso, I think Hamilton would like to win races on merit, equal machinery and opportunity. Hamilton also seems completely comfortable with the team and his team-mate, its a good combination. Look inside Red Bull and Ferrari and there has been tension there at some points this season, between drivers and team.

And today it was the right call from McLaren to pit Ham and Button, the tyres dropped off really quick, the gap between Ham-Web dropped from roughly 23sec, to 19sec, leaving them two out longer would only drop them further back, most cars in the top ten were faster than the mclarens at that point

Giblet

He's no dummy, one more Mclaren scandal-gate, or a couple of years of crap cars where the lose the plot, and his opinion may change.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

internetf1fan

Giblet wrote:I think this sums it up:

Ron isn't there in McLaren anymore. Whitmarsh doesn't treat Hamilton like a person. He treats him like a machine. Hamilton is a lot like Alonso, he needs emotional support from the team. At the moment he's not really getting that.

internetf1fan

MuseF1 wrote:
I doubt Hamilton would want to be treated like Alonso, I think Hamilton would like to win races on merit, equal machinery and opportunity. Hamilton also seems completely comfortable with the team and his team-mate, its a good combination. Look inside Red Bull and Ferrari and there has been tension there at some points this season, between drivers and team.

And today it was the right call from McLaren to pit Ham and Button, the tyres dropped off really quick, the gap between Ham-Web dropped from roughly 23sec, to 19sec, leaving them two out longer would only drop them further back, most cars in the top ten were faster than the mclarens at that point
At the end of the day, every driver wants to win the WDC. If Ferrari fully back Alonso, RBR backs one driver and McLaren insists of letting drivers race, taking points way from each other then the team is putting Hamilton into situations where he has to take even more risks to stay in the WDC hunt, unlike the lead drivers from other teams.

As for the pits stop today, everyone knows track position is the key. They had a comfortable 3rd, 4th. With Button acting as a buffer between Hamilton and Webber. And yet they decided to put Hamilton into a situation where he had to take a risk on track to close the point gap...

Giblet

Dennis is showing up at races, and let there be no mistake, this is still Dennis's team. He no longer runs it day to day and assuming that Dennis is no longer a secondary father figure to Lewis would be naive. Maybe his speed dial spot dropped down a notch or two, but he still sits at the center of the Mclaren Technology Center and if Martin is no longer doing a good job, Dennis will be the one to let him go.

MuseF1

internetf1fan wrote:
Ron isn't there in McLaren anymore. Whitmarsh doesn't treat Hamilton like a person. He treats him like a machine. Hamilton is a lot like Alonso, he needs emotional support from the team. At the moment he's not really getting that.
Whitmarsh has supported Hamilton, just look at the last two races, Whitmarsh hasnt been on his back.
Now, telling your driver to move over for the other, thats not treating the driver like a person.
And yet they decided to put Hamilton into a situation where he had to take a risk on track to close the point gap...
They didnt put him there, thats just how it was. the McLarens werent fast enough today, they dropped off the pace, hence why they had to pit. if the tyres held up for another 5 laps or so, hamilton would be ahead of Webber after the stop