Mosleys Revenge Begins??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Mosleys Revenge Begins??

There are reports in the Italian press that Max Mosley is planning a rebellion of some sort against Jean Todt (just what the FIA needs!)

With Mosley's biography looming I wonder if this is the start of his brand of mischief after his downfall. I hope not and really wish that this dies down and goes away but with Mosley I doubt it. Possibly the start of more F1 controversy?

Original report here:
http://www.422race.com/2010/esclusivo-m ... anti-todt/

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Mosl ... eback.html

And I hate to use this site as a source but here goes:
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/10/ ... inst-todt/

Sadly I don't speak any Italian, however I have run the original report through an on-line translator and it goes something like this:
442.com wrote: MILAN – TO times return. And if to return it is a certain Max Mosley, well, then is really the case of to worry itself. According to what 422race.com is in a position of to reveal, l' former president of the International Federation dell' Automobile, now honorary president of the Senate of the DOES, would be getting ready a branch against its successor Jean Todt.

Mosley does not be able more to appear in first person, but has still some ready men to line up itself from its part all' inside of the federal ranks. I am their, with a' operation under track, to scheme the plot in the comparisons dell' present one number of Place De the Unanimous one. The given one X is fixed for the next one 5 November, when itself terrà the new general meeting: in that seat, the supporters to the coup Mosley will propose an alteration to the actual statute understanding to reduce the you be able some president.

A political blow of tail, well, a power game and of influences that I return to the perfection in the profile of the character that we learned to know during the its quite 16 years of presidency. L' past year, compelled not to present again itself to the elections in which prevailed l' former director delegated of the you Shoe, was he himself lean it the candidacy, perhaps retaining to be able it in future monitor l' action.

The reality, instead, is showing of different everything. For how much Todt had in the country electoral declarant of to want to continue l' work of its predecessor, l' action of its first months of mandate, is politically (in the mark of a greater democratization) that actually (with its engagement on behalf of the modernization of the F1, of the rally and above all of the mobility), is moving several from the rut of the English president.

And this, unavoidably, it did not be able that to end with it dissatisfy some old power center. Registered Mosley, certainty, but above all Bernie Ecclestone, from always the true driver dell' former lawyer. From close environments all' present president is done to note like the Frenchman is thinking more to the problems to resolve that to an its eventual rielezione for a second sent, to that besides also publically already declared of not to think. Perhaps too much.

Its detractors, however, do not seem arranged to wait for 2012 and would want to break his arm since immediately. There they will succeed? This is all to see. The managerial managers of the MAKE are changed, after l' goodbye of Mosley, and l' former president does not be able more to count on a lot of its men of greater trust, gone out of everything from the Federation or however depotenziati. The most recent precedent and significant from this point of view pertains actual the case Hockenheim.

The past September MAKE voted it on the orders of stable you plan from the Shoe to Felipe Mass and to the eve of the verdict Mosley went out from a long silence declaring that, if was been for him, would have punished the horse rampante with "the loss of all of the points for the cars and the pilots". L' result was then deeply different and you Shoe it is seen confirmed it only the fine already tax after the Big Prize of Germany.

This make could mean a loss of influence of Mosley all' inside of the DOES. But from one like he, us always it waits for whatever surprise. To know the results of the maneuver, well, should await November 5. To that I push we will know how many, of 135 limb on 224 that the past October voted for Jean Todt, still are arranged to ensure them the actual support.
Can any Italian speaking forum member provide a better translation please?

WhiteBlue

Re: Mosleys Revenge Begins??

Andrew, you have already quoted Joe Saward's blog.
Joe Saward wrote:There does not seem to be very much to back up the story, and our sources close to Mosley say that the story is simply not true. What is perhaps more interesting is that someone somewhere is promoting the idea of a rebellion against Todt and one must presume that the intention is to destabilise the FIA President. Thus one needs to look at who will gain from that situation.
I agree with Saward that the report is probably launched by someone with an agenda about the current big points in F1 politics.

Many people in my opinion do not have a realistic view of Max Mosley's achievements. Some influential people demonized the man and it is simply popular to bash him. I look very much forward to his book. Is there an announcement out when it is due?
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

andrew
andrew

Given Mosleys past comments I am sure he has an axe to grind. Rather than disappeariing with dignity into the background, he lingers in a self appointed position.

No idea about his book but there are supposedly a few controversial parts to it aimed at stirring up past battles.

I'm sure that there is substance behind this story, given the way he "left" the FIA under a cloud and how Jean Todt has completely restructured things. Definately one to watch for more developments.
Last edited by andrew on 19 Oct 2010, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteBlue

andrew wrote:I'm sure that tehre is substance behind this story, given the way he was voted out of the FIA.
Aren't you stretching the truth a bit here? If memory serves me right Mosley has won every vote he entered and on top every law suit about the illegal publications about his sex life. He simply decided not to run again after four periods and throw his weight behind Todt's candidacy.

Personal opinion by WB: Regarding Mosley's seat in the FiA senate he richly deserves this honor for all the fantastic work that he did for the FiA. He was by far the most successful president the organization ever had.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

andrew
andrew

Apart from improving safety, he has done nothing for F1 execpt allow the major teams to do what the hell they like. Unlike Jean Todt he was incappable of quiet leadership.

Reasoned opinion by Andrew: Mosley should just leave things well alone. He was wrong to creat a position just so he could continue to medle. He should slip into obscurity before he looses all dignity. Mosley had expected Jean Todt to do his bidding and this has clearly not happened (thankfully) and Todt has made the FIA a lot more democratic and reduced the ridiculous amount of Mosley's cronies.

manchild
manchild

So, the way it seams to me, if he was singing about his comeback, it would sound something like this?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9LBsmM6VFY[/youtube]

Giblet
Giblet

andrew wrote:Apart from improving safety, he has done nothing for F1 execpt allow the major teams to do what the hell they like. Unlike Jean Todt he was incappable of quiet leadership.

Reasoned opinion by Andrew: Mosley should just leave things well alone. He was wrong to creat a position just so he could continue to medle. He should slip into obscurity before he looses all dignity. Mosley had expected Jean Todt to do his bidding and this has clearly not happened (thankfully) and Todt has made the FIA a lot more democratic and reduced the ridiculous amount of Mosley's cronies.

Narrow view IMO, Andrew. If all you can see is safety, then you haven't been following the news, or have an unchangeable opinion. You have mentioned the "war on manufacturers" more than once in these forums without anything to back it up.

He literally saw the financial crisis before all the teams, and his 'war' was simply a realistic view that their spending was out of control and would make them leave the sport. He was right and took action that was unpopular, however, we have a nearly a full grid this year, and two of the new teams are on an upward trend.

I understand personal dislike for the man, but not understanding what he has actually contributed to the sport is simply not knowing what he did.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

wesley123
wesley123

Well, when I read that Mosley would be gone I was really happy with it, but now with Todt as the new president i really begin to miss him. Todt is an really weak president, he doesnt say anything and just keeps the background, sure the teams like that as now they have an open playfield to do whatever they want. Flexiwings, Teamorders and whatever, it is all oaky now. Mosley would never ever let this happen. You can really see how much power the FOTA got now, they ban anything they want, something Mosley never would have let happen. I miss Max :(
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

xpensive
xpensive

WhiteBlue wrote: Personal opinion by WB: Regarding Mosley's seat in the FiA senate he richly deserves this honor for all the fantastic work that he did for the FiA. He was by far the most successful president the organization ever had.
It is most interesting to notice the admiration for autocratic leadership, as xpressed on this here forum by certain members.

My personal opinion:
MrM is a perverted and power-addicted criminal, who deliberately gave away the commercial rights of F1 to MrE.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

manchild
manchild

andrew wrote:Apart from improving safety...
No.

He ruined safety by imposing quick change of rules for 1994, which resulted in deaths of two drivers and serious injuries of several others.

What was done later to improve safety, has nothing to do with him, since it has no similarities with the rules he wrote for 1994. It was done as the whole motorsport world demanded it to be done. Any clerk on the top of the FIA would have been forced to do the same or resign.

gridwalker
gridwalker

Indeed : the debate about whether Ayrton's accident would have happened in the first place had active suspension still been legal continued for many years after his death ... I happen to think that the Williams would have stayed on track, had the car been able to raise itself to compensate for lost ride height caused by dropping tyre temps after following the SC.

So, I happen to think that the rule changes were a contributory factor in Senna's death, though cannot lay the blame squarely at Mosley's feet.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

manchild
manchild

Well, if people give all the credit for what was done with safety after 1994 to him (and a lot of the do) than same goes for what was done for lack of safety in 1994. He was on top on FIA since 1993. He can't be excused from responsibility for 1994 rules, and praised for post 1994 rules. That would be completely hypocrite.

wesley123
wesley123

IMO it is rubbish to name it as Mosley's fault. Even with the 1993 rules such thing would have happened one day. it was, and i know i sound like an asshole saying this, something that had to happen to improve the safety of the cars. And apart from the incredible safety increase he also increased his strenght and position as the president.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

manchild
manchild

What is the proof that safety was increased in 1995?

No body getting killed in 1995, right?

There is no other proof that safety was increased, nothing but an assumption when situation is compared with 1994 when two drivers got killed and other seriously injured.

Therefore, when 1994 is compared with 1993 conclusion based on same principle tells that safety was decreased in 1994.

gridwalker
gridwalker

What decreased safety in 1994?

Banning active suspension? (debatable)
Banning traction control? (doubtful)
Reintroducing refuelling? (definitely)

I still don't see Max's fingerprints on that ...
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."