India to host end of year FIA Gala Awards Next year

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
rahulsampath
rahulsampath

India to host end of year FIA Gala Awards Next year

Next year's Formula One World Champion will be officially crowned in New Delhi.

Indian reports reveal that the next end of season FIA Gala event, traditionally held in Monte Carlo, is scheduled to take place in the capital, a first for Asia.

The news was confirmed by the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI), after its Chairman and Force India boss Vijay Mallya made a presentation at the recent World Motor Sport Council meeting.

mach11
mach11

Re: India to host end of year FIA Gala Awards Next year

Future for Indian Motorsports is really bright.

Hope Force India have a great year next year.
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

manchild
manchild

I find it disgusting to hear that F1 race will be held in a country where over 20% of population (approximately 250.000.000) is starving, where the caste system still exists, and nobody in F1 seams to mind.

Hurray for the human rights caring western world. What happened? Pile of money is so big that cries of starving and ill can't get trough?

Everything for the money and for the rich. F1 has completely lost anything that made it respectworthy. No more knights, no more heroes, just pimps and whores. Extremely sad ending of what once used to be sport where honor and knighthood mattered more than title, win, or money.
wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malnutrition_in_India wrote:
Every day, 1,000 Indian children die because of diarrhea alone.

Deaths from malnutrition on a large scale have continued across India into modern times. In Maharashtra alone, for example, there were around 45,000 childhood deaths due to mild or severe malnutrition in 2009, according to the Times of India.[140] Another Times of India report in 2010 has stated that 50% of childhood deaths in India are attributable to malnutrition.[141] Around 7.5 million people per year die of malnutrition in modern India, the largest death rate caused by malnutrition for any country.
What kind of government pays for building of F1 circuit and facilities while 365.000 children die every year from poverty-caused diseases?

What kind of people from the west make deal with such government? The ones that made several statements praising Hitler's efficiency?

I'm sorry, but that is large scale capitalist fascism that would make any humane person throw up.

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&expI ... 00&bih=943

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if mods delete this post as inappropriate. It's bad for the business, doesn't go with the flow, and fact about mass starvation and exploitation could ruin someone's fancy lunch while reading the forum.

Sanjay13

Manchild
What kind of government pays for building of F1 circuit and facilities ......
Half knowledge is dangerous.

The track is a private venture by the Jaypee Group , not government backed in any way .

http://jaypeegreenssportscity.propertyw ... orts-city/
Last edited by Sanjay13 on 02 Jan 2011, 06:52, edited 1 time in total.

manchild
manchild

Sanjay13 wrote:
Manchild

The track is a private venture by the Jaypee Group , not government backed in any way .

How can it be Indian GP than? I've never read that it is a private GP, and that India didn't support and invested money into it's own GP. By FIA statute it simply can't be done. Hosting of GP starts from the decision made by government. Period.

F1 GP can't be organized on a territory and hold name of the country, unless the country as the member of Federation Internationale de L’Automobile isn't part of organization which by default considers huge investments. Track can be owned by anyone, but there is no such thing as privately financed GP.

500 children died of hunger in India since my previous post. Think of that.

Even if India spent 100$ on F1 instead of several sacks of flour or rice that would save many lives, it has done terrible wrong to it's own people, for the sake of rich and highest caste.

F1 sucks.

ron0045
ron0045

manchild wrote:
Sanjay13 wrote:
Manchild

How can it be Indian GP than? I've never read that it is a private GP, and that India didn't support and invested money into it's own GP. By FIA statute it simply can't be done. Hosting of GP starts from the decision made by government. Period.

F1 GP can't be organized on a territory and hold name of the country, unless the country as the member of Federation Internationale de L’Automobile isn't part of organization which by default considers huge investments. Track can be owned by anyone, but there is no such thing as privately financed GP.

500 children died of hunger in India since my previous post. Think of that.

Even if India spent 100$ on F1 instead of several sacks of flour or rice that would save many lives, it has done terrible wrong to it's own people, for the sake of rich and highest caste.
manchild wrote:How can it be Indian GP than? I've never read that it is a private GP, and that India didn't support and invested money into it's own GP. By FIA statute it simply can't be done. Hosting of GP starts from the decision made by government. Period.
F1 sucks.
Indian government is not investeing any money into building formula1 circuit
and India does support its GP its motorsports fan supports GP
does its goevermnet supoorts it financially ??NO

and if f1 sucks, why are you bothered to watch it ?
why are u posting comments in a f1 forum

WhiteBlue

Wikipedia wrote:Economic benefits
Delhi has been seeing a lot of infrastructure developments for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. However, there has been no direct funding provided for an Indian Grand Prix yet.[15]
According to experts[who?], the benefits of a booming economy like India joining the F1 calendar are clear. Not only would the hotel and tourism industry get an immediate boost, the country's profile, too, would get a lift.
Experts are also of the view that once the Indian Grand Prix kicks off, it has the potential to generate around $170 million in revenue and employ as many as 10,000 people. The opportunity in advertising tie-ups between manufacturers and F1 cannot be overlooked either.[28]
The nature of economic activity is that it creates jobs and income for people to feed their children. So from an economical pov manchild's concerns for the Indian children are ill advised. They are probably better off if the Jaypee group continues their investment into a green sports city with many different facilities including the f1 race track.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

manchild
manchild

How can anyone find it as normal, that during Indian GP, several thousands of children will die, and that this fact won't even be mentioned in the news?!

When earthquake kills 200 people, that is world news, when 30 miners get killed that is world news. From Tuesday when F1 teams arrive till Monday when they leave India, some 6000 children will die, and that wont even be in the news!

No, in the news from India will be who won the race. That is by any moral standards completely sick and inhumane.

How can anyone pretend that 7.5 million of starved per year in India isn't related to exploitation of lower cast population from those who make big bucks? You can't call such society normal. Indian society is the one with the worst social differences and segregation based on caste system. Nobility and slaves. What is F1 doing in such country?

I have great respect for Indian culture, art and cuisine, but the social system is simply horrible and deserves no respect. Instead of helping those held hostage of their lower caste origin to become equal and free members of Indian society, we now have situation that western societies trough F1 go with the highest caste, and by that spit on all Indian citizens of lower caste.

What happened to western tradition of spreading the human rights, liberties, democracy and freedom? Flashed publicly only when needed to cover up or justify some war, and hidden in the lowest drawer when someone not in favor might call upon them, and demand the same.

When you build F1 circuit in a country where quarter of billion people are starving, than economic benefits end up in a pockets of those who organized the GP. Fairytales of how it will do economical good to starving ones are just fairytales.

The move by the Indian government that would actually make the difference would be nationalization of capital of companies created on exploitation of starving population, and those less hungry but deeply poor. No child will be fed from Indian GP. Mark my words. There just might be more of them starving.

Agenda_Is_Incorrect
Agenda_Is_Incorrect

You used to make so much better posts, manchild.
manchild wrote:The move by the Indian government that would actually make the difference would be nationalization of capital of companies created on exploitation of starving population, and those less hungry but deeply poor. No child will be fed from Indian GP. Mark my words. There just might be more of them starving.
Now that's a fairytale. You are criticizing one bad thing to defend other one. Exploiters should be brought to justice, the cast system brought down and let things develop as in normal economies. The GP would be perfect for that matter if it brings more money than what comes out and everyone involved is paid accordingly. Frankly, you can't tell if there are people being explored because there are business done there by exploitation and others that are done correctly. So you can't tell for sure either if no child will be fed from the GP. And a nationalization would mostly end up working to keep the cast system in place, just with different names and people BTW.

The presence of races in India and many other countries with human rights problems is in fact questionable, but you can't start making accusations based on generalizations. If you were to refuse a race in a country with any kind of human issue on the basis that it will necessarily contribute those problems, then you would race in very few countries and that includes Europe.
I've been censored by a moderation team that rather see people dying and being shot at terrorist attacks than allowing people to speak the truth. That's racist apparently.

God made Trump win for a reason.

Giblet
Giblet

I don't think anyone finds it normal, but it is on par for the course. People need to choose a battle, and put energy into it. I have just as much sympathy as you Manchild, but calling out people critically for not actively fighting this one issue is unfair, as you don't know what people fight for when they can. I am helping open a watering hole in Africa right now, and have done much labor for NGO non profits for wilderness in my own country.

At the end of the day I still want to watch sport, and sport is a great distraction for the people of a country, and has been since the days of gladiatorial combat.

Maybe a letter to promoters and the effort required to motivate a large food drive at every Indian GP. Send a letter to Karun. There are so many ways to turn a negative into a positive.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Richied76
Richied76

I for one agree with you manchild. Any large investment from any company or federation in a country that has such an alarming problem, into what i can only call an indulgence is a joke. Why dont they invest £100ml into farms, agriculture, import and export markest ect ect. They would still see a gradual return and save lives in the process. That is of corse assuming there not planning on people coming to india for the race, feeling guilty and donating money to save there children from hunger instead of doing it themselfs.

They have the funds, the know how and the abilty to lift the way of life for there own people, yet decided to pay a few people an offencivly low amount of money to build a track.

P.s This shows how geedy people can be http://www.overseaspropertymall.com/pro ... completed/

WhiteBlue

I don't see India's caste system being much worse than feudal systems in Arabia or the English class society. England still has aristocrats in the governmental system and people find it perfectly normal that the aristocracy has more rights than the common man. The difference is that England and Saudi Arabia are enjoying stronger economies than India.

On the other hand countries like India will catch up if we let them have a fair shot at the resources of this planet and stop wasting them like the west has done for decades blessed by the official policy. If manchild is concerned about the downsides of of Asian growth economies he can make better statements than denying them a GP which will bring economic growth. There are many ways people can support non gov organizations that address exactly those questions.

For instance you can save $1000 on your next car purchase bill by selecting a smaller engine and give the money to a micro lending bank that kicks off small businesses in India. It will help more children than writing boycotting posts on this BB.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

manchild
manchild

I wasn't criticizing F1 fans, I was criticizing turning the head the other way despite horrible, tragic situation in India. Why wouldn't the parties involved in Indian GP, create some "Live Aid" kind of campaign, why isn't here a sticker on Force India of some organization or movement that would fight hunger?

I really don't see anyone on top lever caring about starving ones. I've done charity in my life, and I'm doing it whenever I can. My resources aren't big, so I was mainly giving away old clothes for refugees, new presents I didn't want for the children whose parents got killed in wars, saved one woman accidentaly overdosed with sedatives, one idiot army mayor who wanted to remove dead rat from 380V naked fuse (I regret doing that one now), helped to one boy and his family to get ASAP to Italy for special life saving operation, fed couple of people asking for food on my door, adopted two cats, cared for and found home for 6 kittens etc.

So, why don't the big shots - FOM, FIA, teams, drivers come up with an idea to donate all profit from Indian GP to its starving population? Let them keep as much as it takes to cover the costs, but give all the profit from TV coverage and other profits/prizes, money from fines of drivers etc. to starving people in a country that hosts a GP.

Wouldn't that be great?
Last edited by manchild on 03 Jan 2011, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.

Richied76
Richied76

manchild wrote: My resources aren't big, so I was mainly giving away old clothes for refugees.....
You would be suprised! my mother went to kenya last year and saw a shop that..SOLD..thoes donated clothes. I was shocked. they dont all just go to the people who need them.

Bernie would hate the idea of a donation at the end of a gp. "profits" Well the marshalls cost $5mil and the cleaning of the track $6mil.. Not only would creative accounting corupt the donations.. bernie wouldnt like to see F1 as a charity. Sad i know but i strongly believe this would be true. Plus there wouldnt be any GP's as promoters are only in it for the money. Thats there buisness

manchild
manchild

Richied76 wrote:
manchild wrote: My resources aren't big, so I was mainly giving away old clothes for refugees.....
You would be suprised! my mother went to kenya last year and saw a shop that..SOLD..thoes donated clothes. I was shocked. they dont all just go to the people who need them.
I took and handed over the clothes to refugees myself. Surprised of someone selling them somewhere else in the world? No. Several hundreds of meters from my place is a brand new gas station whose owner was self-appointed chairman of some ex-Yugoslav war refugee aid body. He received money to spread it to refugees, but kept all for himself. Now, in less than couple of years from Mr. Nobody he owns one of the biggest gas stations, and a building and real-estate trading company!