Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
KubicaFAN
KubicaFAN

Re: Kubica's Recovery

Giblet
Giblet

If you have ever taken physio for a nearly severed arm like I did, you would understand that has to heal and strengthen before anything else. You can not run or do anything that gets your BP up until the vascular injuries heal. Nothing like a squirt of blood out of your stitches to put you back a week or two.

Try running with an arm that is not healed and fully together. Try even holding it up under its own weight. You can't do much else until it is fixed at least enough to handle being bumped.

When you are going through such an intense healing process like this, you tend to treat your injured arm like a new born baby. Protecting it from the smallest.

I spent 3 months, 3 times a week, at a hand/arm physio center. Afte two months, I was able to carry a small coffee almost a whole block.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

yace

ImageImageImage

Federico
Federico

Unluckily the article is just a bunch of meaningless facts without any correlation, I hope this is true but I really doubt it :(

KubicaFAN
KubicaFAN

Kubica targetting June comeback in simulator and race car !

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/01/k ... -race-car/

yace

@ frederico: i agree with you :(
@ kubicafan: they told us october 2011, then february 2012, and now june 2012...
ImageImageImage

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Great move by Ferrari :
umours of Robert Kubica's potential move to Ferrari - should he return to F1 - refuse to die down with the latest reports claiming Ferrari will aid his comeback.

Kubica has been sidelined since his a rally accident last February when he suffered broken bones on the right side of his body and an almost severed right hand.

And despite a minor setback, the result of a slip and fall on ice earlier this month, the Pole's recovery is reportedly progressing well.

According to Italian publication Omnicorse, Kubica is back driving using a Renault Megane with an automatic transmission.

He has a good range of movement is his right arm - 'flexing and extending of the right arm are already back to normal' - but there are still problems with rotation movements.

But, with his 'five hours a day' in physiotherapy, the 27-year-old is on the road to recovery and aiming to climb into a simulator in the not-too-distant future.

After that, the goal is a Formula One car, which is where Ferrari are believed to be entering the picture.

The Pole, who has reportedly signed a letter of intent with the Italian stable for the 2013 season, will, according to Omnicorse, get behind the wheel of a Ferrari F10 in June if everything goes according to plan.

The car, which will be fitted with the new turbocharged 1.6-liter V6 engine that will be introduced in 2014, will be outside the test ban regulations, allowing Kubica to put in the miles.

This will give the Pole the opportunity to evaluate his progress without too much pressure. And it could pave the way towards a comeback with Ferrari.
http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/showt ... post706079

MIKEY_!

Excellent. Good on them having an engine ready so quickly (not that it'll be the final version of course)

KubicaFAN
KubicaFAN

Kubica ‘close to leading a normal life’
Sunday, March 4, 2012
http://www.f1reader.com/news/kubica-clo ... life-40819

Pandamasque

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... guersuari/
"At the moment the latest information I have about him is not very good," the Spaniard admitted. "He cannot drink using his hand — I mean, he cannot take a glass and drink, so it doesn't look too good."

Pierce89

Bad news for Kubica

Alguersari says he's heard Bob can't even pick up a drink glass
http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Kubi ... 37834.html
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Petroltorque
Petroltorque

Any thoughts of an F1 comeback for Kubica should now be dismissed. Alguesri's description of his hand function is pretty disconcerting. He lacks a functional grasp even after 1 year and thats more than enough time for nerve recovery. If he lacks an effective rasp its unlikely he will ever recover enough fine grip and key pinch grip necessary for driving an F1 car.
If one considers the triage prioritie of a major accident, it life, limb and then livelihood. His doctors have done very well.

Shrieker

Bad news if that's true :cry: Our predictions might've been too optimistic. Still, fingers crossed...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

bhall
bhall

Shrieker wrote:Still, fingers crossed...
If only...

Richard
Richard

Odd that Alguersari is talking in public about Kubica, a true friend would keep a confidence. However this is not first hand information, its Alguersari saying he has heard this on the grapevine. We don't now how much veracity there in this.