Best Out-Laps

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Best on a Out-Lap

Fernando Alonso
23%
Michael Schumacher
27%
Sebastian Vettel
9%
Lewis Hamilton
23%
Nico Rosberg
5%
Jenson Button
14%
Mark Webber
No votes
Rubens Barrichello
No votes

Total votes: 22

FW17

Best Out-Laps

This season Pirelli tyres are meant degrade in a downward spike after the first couple of laps making the out-lap all the more critical to race pace.

Who among the current drivers are the best at this while still maintaining enough in the tyres to last the rest of the stint.

raymondu999

Re: Best Out-Laps

Oh dear. I can just see this turning into a fanboy fest. Having said that, Alonso seemed to be the best at preserving tyres last year. He'd have tyres still capable of being 1 sec faster than other people by the end of the race
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

gibells

I'm going to say Jenson, based not on speed but preservation. This year is going to be like 19 or 20 Montreals.

raymondu999

Sounds like Montreal will be a 5-stopper this year tho :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FW17

Wondering if you guys had had the times from last year

ESPImperium

This is gonna de-generate into a fan-boi fest between Button, Alonso and the rest as a colective.

Going back to my data sheets from last year, being subjective, i can say that Nico Rosberg may just be the surprise package, if he didnt get himself injured it would have been Robert Kubica. I also am looking at Felipe Massa to spring a surprise or two on the tire preservation front.

Richard

Hi ESP - do you have enough data to do a sheet of ranking of the drivers who eeked out the longest stint on one set of tyres?

RH1300S

I sort of get where this thread is coming from - but isn't the right measure who gets the most out of the life of the tyre (i.e. spends the least amount of time over the next 10 or 15 laps)? It's not much good getting two or three stunning out-laps and then the tyres are rooted for the rest of the stint.

I don't think there is a meaningful answer to the question.

RH1300S

BTW - a thought to add

Young Kobayashi did some astonishingly long stints last year - maybe he is kind to his tyres too

ESPImperium

richard_leeds wrote:Hi ESP - do you have enough data to do a sheet of ranking of the drivers who eeked out the longest stint on one set of tyres?
Probably not, but if i was to take my average %age to P1 (as i was with the above answer) it would show who was most aggressive in Quali. Im sure there is someone somewhere with the timings data. I do mainly technical data, i have some timings data, but not much. Id like someone to take on timings data, or a couple/team of people that will do the timings data to pair up with my technical data.