Kubica/Heidfeld/Petrov

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
axle
axle

Re: Kubica/Heidfeld/Petrov

I would expect Kubica to have no involvement beyond testing duties this year, build him up slowly and get him fully prepped for 2012...
- Axle

Sobek
Sobek

axle wrote:...get him fully prepped for 2012...
:idea:
They should have him go rallying in one of Renault cars before that to be fully up to speed. You know, due to limits on F1 testing and all that.

ringo

Heidfeld would love to hear that. :lol:
For Sure!!

marcush.
marcush.

the autosport interview with Boullier is very revealing just how good Heidfeld really is.
He filled Kubicas spot easily in the first test starting the first run.
Maybe Robert is the more attractive proposition for being younger and not german but in reality he will keep Renault on track.
in the light of 2010 to me it is a myth why Renault is deemed good at development performance..they basically started with what i would call 4th best car overall and still they did not beat Rosberg.Not at the start of the season not at the end.If we say
Mercedes was bad in developing what was the 5th best car (at best) than I cannot see how Renault was any better.They had lots of iterations on front wing but in the end their wing does converge to the same solutions we see everywhere.

Giblet
Giblet

marcush. wrote:2010 to me it is a myth why Renault is deemed good at development performance
Performance is relative, and Renault was veyr proud of their development last year. They got their wind tunnel upgraded and gains seen on parts in the tunnel translated directly to the car. The parts kept coming all year, and it was the strongest developed car they have made according to them. For a team that had their mass damper taken away and still got the Championship while still increasing lap times says much of their ability.

The fact that the Mercedes beat them doesn't reflect how much better the Renault got over the year. The whole field of established cars were within a second on average,so such a tight season made it hard to get little bit extra than everyone else.

Their f-duct was one of the best and one of the first to blow both elements, and it was on the car quickly.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute