Is McLaren really off the pace?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Is McLaren really off the pace?

Vettel is no man's land right now. We simply do not have evidence to support his speed. Last years results show that he was about 0.1 seconds faster than Webber on average. This is my opinion - I don't think Webber is close to the speed of Button (when the car is good).
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

gray41

this is my favourite thread..... mclarens so off the pace they won a race? maybe there should be a thread for every other team in f1 being off the pace?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

astracrazy
astracrazy

gray41 wrote:this is my favourite thread..... mclarens so off the pace they won a race? maybe there should be a thread for every other team in f1 being off the pace?
the thread was created because during pre-season, when they were by far off the pace, people were discussing this in the mp4-26 thread.

N12ck

However I have said for ages its irrelevant now, we know they are on the pace, so why dont we just lock this thread, or we should change the name.
Budding F1 Engineer

Giblet
Giblet

Sounds good. If anyone disagrees, just PM a mod and it can be unlocked, but honestly, no single car is ever on the pace of another. One is always faster, and it's a moving target that changes from track to track.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute