It's time for Hamilton to move on

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
internetf1fan
internetf1fan

It's time for Hamilton to move on

He has already achieved what he has set out to do when he first started racing, to win a F1 drivers championship.

But of course F1 also has its negatives, as Hamilton has experienced in his short career already. Too much politics and no matter how talented you might be, you are not getting anywhere unless your team manages to build you a good car. And with the ever changing regulations, you don't really know what you will end up with. There is of course all the hate thrown towards him. I've seen him use the autosport main page. I wonder if he ever visits the forums. If he has then he obviously is made of sturdier stuff than me because if such vitriol was thrown against me I would have called it quits ages ago.

So where can Hamilton go? A lot of places. Personally I would love if he went to NASCAR. It would be much a lot of exposure for both NASCAR as well as international racing fans. On top of that his background (race) would bring a lot of attention as well, in the same way Tiger Woods did for golf.

There is also the option of going back to GP2 and doing what he did best. I don't think he would enjoy Rallying because it's not actually racing, but more of a time trial.

Hamilton to NASCAR please.

Hangaku

Re: It's time for Hamilton to move on

Funniest thing I read on the internet today ...
Yer.

axle
axle

LOL

:shock: :lol: =D>

I thought the school holiday was last week...
- Axle

PNSD
PNSD

Although I do the OP is slightly off what is likely to happen, I would also like to see Lewis in Nascar. Though I feel for at least a season he would be "the bitch".

Ciro Pabón

That's a great idea. Let's review the history of black people in NASCAR racing! Surely you'll find Wendell Scott and... um... erm... ehhh... well.

However, as I was saying it is a great idea. After all, in NASCAR your reputation as a team player is very important, as well as having an independent spirit. You need to intimidate people! So, Lewis will do well in NASCAR because he and his dad...um ...erm... well.

I don't think this will happen. It's not like Tony Stewart wants to exchange cars with Lewis at Watkins Glen, is it? Um... erm... well.

Viral advertising is getting better and better.

The bitch, ah? Without Ron? That's a hard one. Of course, Lewd Lewis already has the sideburns.
Ciro

lotus7
lotus7

One Pablo would enjoy this opportunity !

Giblet
Giblet

Ciro Pabón wrote:That's a great idea. Let's review the history of black people in NASCAR racing! Surely you'll find Wendell Scott and... um... erm... ehhh... well..
I present to you Mr Willy T Ribbs

http://www.willytribbs.com
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

gridwalker
gridwalker

With the lack of testing and the recently-extended off season, I think we're getting a bit desperate for topics now ...

I think we're more likely to see Piquet Jnr win the championship, with Alonso lending a "helping hand" along the way.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Richard
Richard

astracrazy wrote:
internetf1fan wrote:...
what are you on about?
Hamilton going from F1 to GP2 would advance his career, apparently.

Anyway I was considering reverting to primary school so I can come top of class where I rightfully belong.

bettonracing
bettonracing

Mods delete this thread before Ringo & Nsmikle find it! :D

Regards,

Kurt

Italiano
Italiano

Go, internet experts, go! Jesus on a bike, this is the biggest load of drivel I have ever seen on this site.

And that's says a lot.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

internetf1fan
internetf1fan

richard_leeds wrote:
astracrazy wrote:
internetf1fan wrote:...
what are you on about?
Hamilton going from F1 to GP2 would advance his career, apparently.

Anyway I was considering reverting to primary school so I can come top of class where I rightfully belong.
He has already advanced his career as far as possible. You example isn't analogous. Think about a CEO of a massive company retiring early to go do something he really wanted to do like fixing classic cars etc.

That's why Kimi moved to WRC. I wouldn't call such a move a step down or step up, but a step sideways.

Ciro Pabón

Giblet wrote:
Ciro Pabón wrote:That's a great idea. Let's review the history of black people in NASCAR racing! Surely you'll find Wendell Scott and... um... erm... ehhh... well..
I present to you Mr Willy T Ribbs

http://www.willytribbs.com
And what about Bill Nelson? They raced in the same number of races (clue: more than zero, less than two).
SchumacherM wrote:Go, internet experts, go! Jesus on a bike, this is the biggest load of drivel I have ever seen on this site.

And that's says a lot.
Mods ain't what they used to be, I agree.

However, check what happens on Agust 14, 2011: Jesus will race at the Glen... and he also wants to ride a bike. The only safe place is Indy.
“I’d love to try a MotoGP bike but not particularly race one. I would love to try one of Malcolm Wilson’s rally cars—and one day I might try NASCAR.”

One thing he did rule out was trying to race an Indianapolis 500.
Ciro

donskar
donskar

Artificial rain races and Hamilton in NASCAR. Truly we approach the end of days.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

copperkipper1
copperkipper1

NASCAR is crap. I'm sure Hamilton bursts out laughing when he see's an advert or picture of the tracks. Hamilton will stick to formula1 because its what he loves doing. The greatest will always stick to there sports. Riakonnon fuggered off and clearly had a lack of passion for the sport so i dont see why so many people think he is uber great.