Ecclestone seeking end-of-year Bahrain slot

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
adam2007
adam2007

Ecclestone seeking end-of-year Bahrain slot

why would you want to end the year at a boring desert track? wud rather finish abu going from light to dark race prefect end season, who wants be out in the sticks some long boring desert track
??

Goran2812
Goran2812

Re: Ecclestone seeking end-of-year Bahrain slot

that would be a disaster... hope it doesn't come to that...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

I don't care whether they are in the desert or the race goes from light to dark. The layout of these tracks (both Abu Dhabi and Bahrain) do not promote particularly good racing. Let Brazil stay as the last race.

PlatinumZealot

It might be different at the end of the year, new car upgrades, better understanding of the tyres, DRS and KERS. The layouts are not bad actually; most passes last year were created by bad weather, fresh tyre vs worn and bad surfaces anyway.

I welcome Bahrain as the last race, its going to be fun.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

mikemethadone
mikemethadone

I would interested to know how many people would like to start some sort of petition to put an end to this awfull circuit, or even if you thought it would make any difference

gridwalker
gridwalker

As if the Fans' opinions matter to the commercial rights holders (who decide where the races are held) ... if that made any difference, then we wouldn't be seeing races being staged in front of half empty grandstands (China), or new circuits being constructed many miles from the nearest mass-transit hub (Korea).

EDIT : Sorry if that sounded scathing. I don't mean to berate your opinion, as I wouldn't want to scare you off after your first post! Welcome to the forum!
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

agip

adam2007 wrote:why would you want to end the year at a boring desert track? wud rather finish abu going from light to dark race prefect end season, who wants be out in the sticks some long boring desert track
??
I thought it was pretty obvious... M O N E Y

WhiteBlue

Bahrain GP 2011, will it still happen?

I don't think it is over yet as protesters in the region have called out another "Day of rage" for next Friday. This time Saudi Arabia is supposed to be involved with more than 20,000 protesters as well. An abstract from "The Independent" correspondent Robert Fisk.
Source
Saudi Arabia was yesterday drafting up to 10,000 security personnel into its north-eastern Shia Muslim provinces, clogging the highways into Dammam and other cities with bus loads of troops in fear of next week's "Day of rage" by what is now called the "Hunayn Revolution".

Damman and Bahrain

Provoked by the Shia majority uprising in the neighbouring Sunni-dominated island of Bahrain, where protesters are calling for the overthrow of the ruling al-Khalifa family, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia is widely reported to have told the Bahraini authorities that if they do not crush their Shia revolt, his own forces will.

Although desperate to avoid any outside news of the extent of the protests spreading, Saudi security officials have known for more than a month that the revolt of Shia Muslims in the tiny island of Bahrain was expected to spread to Saudi Arabia. If the Saudi royal family decides to use maximum violence against demonstrators, US President Barack Obama will be confronted by one of the most sensitive Middle East decisions of his administration. When Saudi academics have in the past merely called for reforms, they have been harassed or arrested. King Abdullah, albeit a very old man, does not brook rebel lords or restive serfs telling him to make concessions to youth. An indication of the seriousness of the revolt against the Saudi royal family comes in its chosen title: Hunayn. This is a valley near Mecca, the scene of one of the last major battles of the Prophet Mohamed against a confederation of Bedouin in AD630.

The Arabian peninsula gave the world the Prophet and the Arab Revolt against the Ottomans and the Taliban and 9/11 and – let us speak the truth – al-Qa'ida. This week's protests in the kingdom will therefore affect us all – but none more so than the supposedly conservative and definitely hypocritical pseudo-state, run by a company without shareholders called the House of Saud.
A time bomb is ticking for Salman al Khalifa. He needs to get his act together to make progress in the democratisation of Bahrain or his people will go back to making it on the street.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)