Patrick Head to retire

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Patrick Head to retire

According to Williams Chairman, Andy Parr, Patrick Head is to retire later this year.

http://www.supersport.com/motorsport/ar ... ?Id=415907

bot6
bot6

Re: Patrick Head to retire

That means Head, Michael and Tomlinson leave at the end of the year, which just leaves Frank Williams as president and Adam Parr as CEO, with Coughlan coming in...

Florio
Florio

About bloody time is you ask me!

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Florio wrote:About bloody time is you ask me!
And how do you arrive at this conclusion?

donskar
donskar

Good move. He is 65 and has spoken about retiring at that age. No big deal. In recent years he spent less time directly with F1 and spent some time on other projects (F2). Williams needs a huge infusion of fresh blood (among other things).
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

astracrazy
astracrazy

agreed. he had a good career but could be a good move for williams as awell

Florio
Florio

andrew wrote:
Florio wrote:About bloody time is you ask me!
And how do you arrive at this conclusion?
Williams have been continually slipping down the field from the early 2000's onwards. With Williams's conservative approach, they didn't make that many substancial changes to the tech team, granted reacting too soon would have been stupid, but it has got to a stage where Williams have been producing cars that have either failed to capitalise, or just didn't translate the form that they've shown. From this I would of thought a fresh new approach would have been needed by the team, considering that floatation on the stockmarket, and now the falling stock market value due to lack of results has been the result of this, I would have thought that this was coming, albeit in my opinion it should have happened a bit earlier.

No disrespect to Patrick and Sam, I am well aware of all that he's done etc.

waynes
waynes

Adam Parr isnt it?