Alonso vs Massa at Ferrari

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ESPImperium

Alonso vs Massa at Ferrari

If Ferarri dont turn it arround in the next 4 races, im sure more heads will roll in Marenello. Ferrari need either a win and a podium, or at least a podium in all of the next 4 events.

If Massa keeps beating Alonso, whitch ill say Alonso will go to all ends to make sure he gets the advantage in the Battle @ Ferrari as Massa leads three zip at present.

If Massa makes it something like 5 or 6 zero, Ferarri will soon switch development parts to his car.

I can see this making or breaking Ferrari and their season.

Mr Alcatraz

Re: Ferrari 150° Italia

ESPImperium wrote: Massa leads three zip at present.
How can Massa be leading three to zero and be behind Fred on points? :P
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

beelsebob

Tazio wrote:
Because he's wrong – it's 2-1 to massa. But in the 1, massa was asked to move over.

bot6

So he's not wrong then. It's Massa 3, Fernando 0, Ferrari -1.

Mr Alcatraz

beelsebob wrote:
Tazio wrote:
Because he's wrong – it's 2-1 to massa. But in the 1, massa was asked to move over.
And no one can be happier than me for Felipe's strong performance.
However he finished almost a minute behind Fred in Australia, and I believe it was his inability to defend his position to Button ,and Webber in later stages of that race that has him behind Fred on points right now. He is doing very well, but he will never beat Alonso if he continues to be owned in quali, MO!

@ Bot6- That was +1 for Ferrari as that was the correct strategy, and they would have been ridiculed if they didn't do it.

HampusA

Well if Massa turns out to be the quickest guy this year then please god don´t let it rain. The guy can´t drive for --- when it´s not super dry out.
The truth will come out...

raymondu999

Yeah he's never had good rain capabilities; except in Brazil 08. Then he was decent. But come to think of it he wasn't too bad in 2009 China, no?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

HampusA wrote:Well if Massa turns out to be the quickest guy this year then please god don´t let it rain. The guy can´t drive for --- when it´s not super dry out.
There was a point in his career when he absolutely sucked in the rain.
In the early part of 2008 he stunk the place out until Spain.
That is when Mike started working closely with him, and the rest of 2008 was stellar

raymondu999

Stellar, but dry. In 2008 Monza he had a chance to take a chunk out of Hamilton's points lead but he couldn't make it stick. In 2008 Brazil (closing laps) that was the only "real" time that he was decent in the rain.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

adrianjordan

Tazio wrote:
HampusA wrote:Well if Massa turns out to be the quickest guy this year then please god don´t let it rain. The guy can´t drive for --- when it´s not super dry out.
That is when Mike started working closely with him, and the rest of 2008 was stellar
Was Spain before or after Silverstone that year? Because I remember him being particularly "spinny" at Silverstone in the wet in 2008...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

raymondu999

Spun out something like 5 times in 1 race on that weekend.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hangaku

raymondu999 wrote:Spun out something like 5 times in 1 race on that weekend.
Indeed, he was very spinny at Silverstone in 2008. I remember seeing him lose it on the short straight under bridge in the rain, I have some awesome photos. Everyone cheered.
Yer.

marcush.

I have seen rain "gods" spinning out ..this is more than anything a matter of your car setup.Gamble does not pay off and you look pretty silly compared to someone who has settled for a rain compromise...

Mr Alcatraz

adrianjordan wrote:
Tazio wrote:
Was Spain before or after Silverstone that year? Because I remember him being particularly "spinny" at Silverstone in the wet in 2008...
Good point, it was after. (he finished 2 laps down at Silverstone), and also he turned 2008 around in Bahrain, and he finished on the podium every race through Turkey.

raymondu999

marcush. wrote:I have seen rain "gods" spinning out ..this is more than anything a matter of your car setup.Gamble does not pay off and you look pretty silly compared to someone who has settled for a rain compromise...
Even with a bad setup people don't generally look that idiotic. I don't remember seeing anyone spin 5 times in a single race
失败者找理由,成功者找方法