Ferrari from Sliverstone to Monaco 1956

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
elsab

Ferrari from Sliverstone to Monaco 1956

I saw this photo article and thought it would be appreciated on here, it really shows how the F1 world has changed in 50 years.

The photos of the mechanics working on the cars in Maranello are brilliant.
http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/20 ... -may-1956/

Brief Explanation from the article:
An incredible photo essay by LIFE photographer Thomas McAvoy, chronicling the Scuderia Ferrari racing team’s return trip from the 1956 BRDC International Trophy of Silverstone, to the Ferrari facilities where technicians wrenched the cars in preparation for the Monaco Grand Prix

Jersey Tom

Re: Ferrari from Sliverstone to Monaco 1956

I like the 'mesh screen' on the intake trumpets. So coarse a small child could fall through there.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

GTO

Jersey Tom wrote:I like the 'mesh screen' on the intake trumpets. So coarse a small child could fall through there.
:lol:
Thanks elsab for providing the link.
I have new found respect for the drivers who in those days truly risked their lives.

Mr Alcatraz

Great stuff, that is very impressive, and I don't even like Ferrari.
Wait a second, yes I do :?
Talking about them being modified Lancia's.
A long time ago (when I was in High school) my friend’s father had about a 1961 Lancia. I rode in it once and he scared the crap out of me. That little car screamed.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand