McLaren P1

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
RZS10

Re: McLaren P1

Juzh wrote:hyuara is still on the board so by my understanding top gear considers it to be the fastest, because top gear is fundamentally the show itself, not the website.
Yep, they would have mentioned it had they taken it down.

autogyro
autogyro

Now that is a major surprise, people out there actually believe Top Gear, hahahahaha.

SectorOne

Juzh wrote:hyuara is still on the board so by my understanding top gear considers it to be the fastest, because top gear is fundamentally the show itself, not the website.
They don´t. Their laptimes on the BBC website is fully up to date.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

el-Magico
el-Magico

autogyro wrote:Now that is a major surprise, people out there actually believe Top Gear, hahahahaha.
Of course! because British..
Quote of the year: "almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap..."

Juzh

SectorOne wrote:
They don´t. Their laptimes on the BBC website is fully up to date.
98% of people perceives top gear as clarkson, may and hammond, hence what they say, is what it is. As long as they don't remove it on the show it's the fastest in the eyes of the vast majority. Web site is an accessory to the show and nothing else.

autogyro
autogyro

98% of people perceives top gear as clarkson, may and hammond, hence what they say, is what it is. As long as they don't remove it on the show it's the fastest in the eyes of the vast majority. Web site is an accessory to the show and nothing else.
Would the figures they quote include the level of water, custard or BS on the badly surfaced airfield track at the time of the test?
I bet they even use electronic timing of some sort by now.

Juzh

SectorOne

Juzh wrote:As long as they don't remove it on the show it's the fastest in the eyes of the vast majority.
It´s the fastest for the people who don´t want to know. There´s no superposition on what the answer is.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

This is the closest we will be at seeing this face off happen anytime soon. TGTT FM5
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReoUAm6IBSY[/youtube]
Last edited by Emerson.F on 27 Feb 2014, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

SectorOne

Kimi spinning in the LaFerrari around Fiorano.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMDVMp3CbdY[/youtube]

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

is there not a laferrari thread?

skgoa
skgoa

Emerson.F wrote:[...]
Apparently I can't downvote posts, so let me express my view by using words:

Why? What the --- is racing game footage supposed to show?

edit: Censorship, really? :shock:

bosanac1
bosanac1

not sure if anyone seen this long technical interview

towards the end he says that McLaren P1 is not that far off GT3 Cup car at Spa. (he goes on to say that at long curves GT3 would have edge)

But still kinda crazy that it would be up there, considering its using road tyres.

I know McLaren claimed P1 can corner 2g that would be transient right?

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

skgoa wrote:
Emerson.F wrote:[...]
Apparently I can't downvote posts, so let me express my view by using words:

Why? What the --- is racing game footage supposed to show?

edit: Censorship, really? :shock:
Sally don't get your knickers in a twist over that split milk on the floor, silly Sally... :lol:
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

the EDGE
the EDGE

Does anyone know for sure if the P1 will lap the topgear track tonight?

They last time it was on they said it would go head-2-head with the 918 after Hammond drives it...and that's definitely tonight