Ferrari LaFerrari

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Nando
Nando

Re: Ferrari LaFerrari

Sombrero wrote:Good for them. But with that money go to Le Mans and wins overall with extremely competitive LMP against Audi, Porsche and Toyota.
It´s only now Le Mans have started to become relevant again...

Great for Audi racing with themselves basically. Oh and sometimes a Bentley....that really was an Audi.
99 was the last proper year in Le Mans, 2014 might get some of that back.

When Audi and Pug were alone they had 50% chance of taking the title. Congratulations guys.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

I see absolutely no reason for either of the Hypercar manufacturers to compete against Diesels or even to develop Diesels for LMP1, what would that bring to the brand or to the Roadcars?

I still can't understand how Ferrari&McLaren accepted the 1.6 V6 in F1, the "pinnacle of motorsport" only to bring a roadcar with a naturally aspirated (!) V12 with 800 HP. (According to the number-crunchers the new F1 will have even less HP :lol: )

Anyway, this ha nothing to do with the car itself, which is a piece of art, wonder how fast it would go around the Nordschleife?

Sombrero
Sombrero

How fast ? Slower than a 30 year old sportscar Porsche 956 (6:11.13) ! And this with much better tyres...

PistoneRovente
PistoneRovente

Re: Ferrari F150

richard_leeds wrote:
Agenda_Is_Incorrect wrote:...
Anyway, what I really wanted to say is that I'm not quite sure why colonies and slavery are relevant to this forum. Also Italy had its own turn at being "imperialistic bastards" too. You see that's the problem with nationalism (and anti-nationalism), it's as blinkered as fanboyism. Neither have a place on this forum.
Neither does your last comment actually

hollus

^ Q.E.D.
Rivals, not enemies.

NoDivergence
NoDivergence

Sombrero wrote:How fast ? Slower than a 30 year old sportscar Porsche 956 (6:11.13) ! And this with much better tyres...
You're trying to compare a roadcar on road tires to a racecar with grounds effects on slicks? Please... Even the Zonda R is nowhere near the 956

RicerDude

NoDivergence wrote:
Sombrero wrote:How fast ? Slower than a 30 year old sportscar Porsche 956 (6:11.13) ! And this with much better tyres...
You're trying to compare a roadcar on road tires to a racecar with grounds effects on slicks? Please... Even the Zonda R is nowhere near the 956
Ron said sub 7 minute time for the P1 around Nordschleife.

Nando
Nando

RicerDude wrote:
NoDivergence wrote:
Ron said sub 7 minute time for the P1 around Nordschleife.
Which would mean just under 7 minutes. Probably similar to 599X which did a sub 7 laptime if i´m not mistaken.
Could have been just outside the magical limit.

Edit: 6.58

So nearly a minute left until you are even remotely close to the Porsche.

(of course NoDivergence is completely correct in that it´s a useless comparison)
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Harvey
Harvey

Of course it's largely irrelevant to everyday motoring. But since when have sports cars been built to be "relevant"?

Also, looks kinda like this old beast...

amouzouris

I drew it for my own pleasure! but since I took the time to draw it I thought I'd share it with you! so...here it is

autogyro
autogyro

amouzouris wrote:I drew it for my own pleasure! but since I took the time to draw it I thought I'd share it with you! so...here it is

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGY2-pPCUAEONMd.jpg:large
Nice picture, would do justice to Lichtenstein if it were dot shaded.

mikep99
mikep99

Fernando Laps LaFerrari At Fiorano....Slowly now :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... BKi7OlrzhA

autogyro
autogyro

mikep99 wrote:Fernando Laps LaFerrari At Fiorano....Slowly now :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... BKi7OlrzhA
Why did they speed up the video?

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Some cool photoshops

:wtf:

eDIT: wtf WAS THAT? :? I swear that was a baddass picture of the car :lol:
Last edited by Emerson.F on 05 May 2013, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

allstaruk08
allstaruk08

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you idiot! i was looking at this on the bus home. i dont think i've reacted this fast in my life to close the screen! lmao